Finneytown Local School District
High School Social Studies Teacher
Government and US History
Successful candidate will provide specially designed instruction through co-planning and co- serving for students in grades 9 through 12.
Potential candidates should possess the following:
- Passion for a pursuit of equity in a public education setting so all students are able to succeed both in and out of the classroom
- Steadfast commitment to restorative practices in response to student misbehavior
- Thirst to join a grassroots group of pioneers in our movement from a traditional education model to one suited for the 21st century
- Eager to take professional risks through innovation to improve student learning
- Appetite for teammates who seek and embrace constructive criticism through regular team meetings and participation in our professional learning communities
- Aspiration to be empowered and supported as a leader within a culture where all community members are valued as leaders
- Hunger for a collective mindset that defaults to “yes” over “no” and a framework for thinking that centers on “What’s possible?” instead of “What’s wrong?”
Assignment period: Approximately February 26, 2024 through April 5, 2024
Compensation will be $125.00/day.
Successful candidate will be employed by Comprehensive Substitute Solutions, assigned to Finneytown Local School District, and will complete the employment requirements of Hamilton County Educational Services Center. More information is available at the following website: http://www.subsolutions.org.
Application Deadline: September 12, 2023 @ 4:00pm or until the position is filled.
Nondiscrimination and Equal Opportunity Employment Opportunity: The Finneytown Local School District Board of Education does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, disability, Genetic Information Nondiscrimination Act (GINA), military status, ancestry, or age in its programs, activities or employment opportunities.
To apply for this job please visit www.finneytown.org.