Successful candidate will be responsible for developing and implementing objectives of the district’s Extended Care Program for students in Kindergarten through 6th Grade.
Do you want to change the landscape of what school looks like? Are you uncomfortable with traditional school approaches and endless complaints about the good old days? Come to Finneytown!
Here at Finneytown, we are different. We are working hard to create more collaborative experiences for students through the use of Responsive Classroom and Restorative Practices. As a staff, we gather in circles, using liberating structures such as Open Space and World Café. We focus on approaching challenges through an appreciative, rather than deficit-based, lens.
If you are a person who prefers to “close your door and do your own thing,” we may not be the place for you. We focus on finding creative solutions to challenges and growing Project-Based Learning in our classrooms. We value innovative thinking and the desire to continuously get better.
We’ll be honest, working at Finneytown Local School District isn’t for everybody, but if you are seeking the opportunity to try new ways of doing school and are committed to taking care of all people, then apply now!
● High School Diploma or Bachelor’s Degree
● The belief that all students can learn and grow in an inclusive learning environment
● Good written and verbal communications skills
● Such alternatives to the above qualifications as the district may find appropriate and acceptable
● Satisfactory BCI and FBI Background checks
● Develop the Extended Care Program and plan daily activities
● Maintain adequate records to assure proper billing of students
● Registration for programming
● Initiate the selection and ordering of materials/supplies to meet the needs of the program
● Communicate with families
● Provide first aid and complete accident reports as required
● Develop and monitor schedules for each student
● Oversee attendance
● Oversee staffing, ensuring compliance with state requirements
● Provide tax documentation to families when requested
● Adhere to the policies of the Finneytown Board of Education
● Perform other duties as assigned
This is an exempt employment position, excluded from the Negotiated Labor Agreement.
A 191-day contract will be issued for this position, pro-rated for the remainder of the current school year.
Daily schedule includes 7 hours in a split shift, before and after school (exact hours to be determined)
Starting date: ASAP
Salary range: $15.00 – $19.00 per hour
To apply for this job please visit www.applitrack.com.