To support Rockwern Academy’s Early Childhood Education Center’s (ECEC’s) mission by providing a nurturing play-based camp experience to children under 5 years of age; by maintaining open lines of communication with parents, administrators, and other staff and by basing expectations, practice, and behavior in a high degree of professionalism.
Preschool camp counselors must be at least 18 years of age. Candidates with a teaching degree, or actively pursuing a teaching degree, are preferred. Multiple openings for session three running July 17 – August 4, 2023 (M-F 8:45 AM – 3:15 PM).
Please send a resume and cover letter to Toni Brownell, Director of the Early Childhood Education Center (ECEC) and Camp Director, at email@example.com.
This position reports to the camp director.
- Help create and maintain a safe, organized, fair, effective, and inviting classroom that reflects the teacher’s mindfulness of students’ physical, social, and intellectual development and needs
- Assist with classroom behavior in age-appropriate ways
- Support the camp director as she strives to individualize the camp experience to meet students’ needs
- Greet children daily as they enter the classroom; demonstrate respect and empathy for all children and parents
- Joyfully engage in all camper activities, both indoors and outdoors
- Maintain confidentiality on all levels: children, teachers, parents, and administration
- Treat children, staff, and parents with respect
- Demonstrate commitment to teamwork and collegiality by helping others and accepting suggestions for improvement
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org