Rockwern Academy is looking for a part-time teacher for our 3-year-old program for the 2023- 2024 school year. The hours are 7:45 AM – 12:30 PM Monday through Friday.
Who are we?
Rockwern Academy’s mission is to expand minds, celebrate Judaism, nurture community, and commit to building a better world. An exceptional student-teacher ratio allows us to value each student as a true individual, discovering what gives them their inner spark. Serving toddlers through sixth graders (and in some years, seventh and eighth graders too), we
- Inspire a lifelong love of learning, as our experienced teachers prepare our students to thrive in top high schools.
- Create a more compassionate world by teaching values and ethics that last a lifetime.
- Nurture our powerful sense of community, fostering strong relationships between students of all ages, teachers, staff, and families.
- Explore the power of technology to engage students, developing tools for critical thinking and problem-solving.
Qualified applicants will have a bachelor’s degree, preferably in education. Experience in preschool is helpful. Knowledge of Judaism is not required, and candidates of all backgrounds are encouraged to apply.
To support Rockwern Academy’s Early Childhood Education Center’s (ECEC’s) mission by providing a nurturing play-based education to children; by maintaining open lines of communication with parents, administrators, and other staff; and by basing expectations, practice, and behavior in a high degree of professionalism.
The position is responsible to the ECEC Director.
- Create and maintain a safe, organized, and inviting classroom that reflects the teacher’s mindfulness of students’ physical, social, and intellectual development and needs
- Prepare and follow weekly lesson plans that mirror the curriculum and support desired learning, adapting as appropriate.
- Present curricular material in a clear, fresh, and relevant manner
- Manage classroom behavior in age-appropriate ways
- Prepare and maintain materials and supplies that enhance learning
- Individualize instruction to meet student’s needs
- Send bi-weekly communication to parents
- Frequently provide parents with an honest and caring assessment of their child’s progress, challenges, and successes
- Serve as a liaison between the school and parents and as an ambassador for Rockwern; alert administration of potential conflict or difficulties
- Contribute, when asked, to our weekly e-newsletter and other communication or marketing vehicles
- Maintain confidentiality
- Suggest improvements in curriculum, assessment, policies, practices, etc.
- Treat children, staff, and parents with respect
- Attend all required events; attend extra-curricular activities and PTO functions when possible
- Assume responsibility for personal and professional development
- Demonstrate commitment to teamwork and collegiality by helping others and accepting suggestions for improvement
- Be on time for assigned duties and find a replacement when needed
- Maintain complete, accurate, and understandable attendance and academic records
- Complete all needed reports and forms completely and accurately and submit them on time
- Create and maintain a thorough, current, and helpful Substitute Teacher packet
- Supervise children during fire and tornado drills, as well as on the playground and in the halls or cafeteria, even those who are not in one’s class
To apply for this job please visit www.applitrack.com.