Rockwern Academy, Cincinnati’s pluralistic Jewish Day School, is looking for an Office Administrator effective immediately.
Who are we?
At Rockwern Academy we build character, leadership, and academic curiosity within a caring, joyful, and inclusive school environment. An exceptional student-teacher ratio allows us to value each student as a true individual, discovering what gives them their inner spark.
At Rockwern, we:
- Inspire a lifelong love of learning, as our experienced teachers prepare our students to thrive in top high schools.
- Create a more compassionate world by teaching values and ethics that last a lifetime.
- Nurture our powerful sense of community, fostering strong relationships between students of all ages, teachers, staff, and families.
- Explore the power of technology to engage students, developing tools for critical thinking and problem solving.
Support the Development department by acting as development database manager and office support. Oversee the school’s security systems and serve as security liaison internally and externally. Serve as administrative support to the Head of School. Maintain and troubleshoot school technology.
This position reports to the Head of School and Director of Development
Manage the development database:
- Maintain development database by inputting and updating information (contact information, gift and pledge information, etc.)
- Prepare reports that contain information for mailing lists, solicitations, campaigns, reconciliations, etc.
- Prepare reports within the database to help understand constituents’ patterns and giving history
- Compile end of the year donor recognition lists for the website, annual meeting, and events
- Troubleshoot database issues
- When we switch to Blackbaud development database, responsible for learning the new system, transferring all data, syncing other school databases with with donor database, and helping educate development staff about new database system
Support the development office:
- Manage RSVPs for events
- Help generate lists for tax acknowledgements
- Assist with mailings
- Code all deposits
Oversee the school’s security systems:
- Support the school’s crisis response team by convening meetings and keeping records
- Take responsibility for school’s online security portal
- Coordinate the schedule for police officer coverage through our contact at the Hamilton County Sheriff’s Office
- Together with the Head of School, oversee and maintain/update school tornado, fire, and emergency evacuation procedures according to the school’s Emergency Management Guide and state and federal guidelines
- Control building access and maintain database of authorized personnel
- Work with the county and state inspectors to ensure compliance with building, health, and safety codes (in partnership with outsourced facilities management)
- Serve as a contact for the school’s security monitoring vendor both during and after school hours
- Research and pursue grant opportunities, in partnership with the development team, related to funding for safety and security initiatives
Support the head of school:
- Organize all board communication and documents (minutes, agendas, etc.)
- Prepare documents and presentations for meetings
- Help with scheduling meetings – including sending doodle polls, Zoom links, and google calendar invitations
Information Technology (IT):
- Maintain and troubleshoot telephone system, security equipment, and office equipment
- Oversee workstation and classroom technology: equipment/inventory control, upgrades, security, account management (operating systems, applications, email, etc.)
- Troubleshoot staff tech issues
Other duties as assigned.
- College degree (or equivalent) required
- Four years of administrative experience preferred
- Tech savvy (knowledge of a variety of data sharing and connectivity applications including but not limited to Google Suite, Zoom, Doodle polls, and Adobe Acrobat)
- Excitement to learn new technology and be known as a subject matter expert
- Experience with databases preferred
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Strong organization skills and high attention to detail
- Good judgement and decision making aptitude
- Ability to prioritize a variety of responsibilities and deadlines
- Team player
To apply, please send a resume and cover letter to Rabbi Laura Baum, firstname.lastname@example.org.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com