Rockwern Academy is hiring for a full-time building sub position that will float as needed in both our K-6 elementary school and in our Early Childhood Education Center (ECEC) for the 2022-2023 school year. The position is full time, Monday through Friday 7:45AM – 3:45PM.
Who are we?
Rockwern Academy’s mission is to expand minds, celebrate Judaism, nurture community, and commit to building a better world. An exceptional student-teacher ratio allows us to value each student as a true individual, discovering what gives them their inner spark. Serving toddlers through sixth graders (and in some years, seventh and eighth graders too), we
- Inspire a lifelong love of learning, as our experienced teachers prepare our students to thrive in top high schools.
- Create a more compassionate world by teaching values and ethics that last a lifetime.
- Nurture our powerful sense of community, fostering strong relationships between students of all ages, teachers, staff, and families.
- Explore the power of technology to engage students, developing tools for critical thinking and problem solving.
This position will help cover needs in various classrooms. This may include substitute teaching for a full day in one classroom or helping out in various classrooms throughout the day. The full-time sub will help cover for teachers who are absent and will also be available to assist teachers in classrooms as needed.
Qualified applicants will have an Associate’s degree and/or a minimum of one year of experience.
The K-6 Floater will report to the K-6 Principal and the ECEC Floater will report to the ECEC Director.
- Help create and maintain a safe, organized, fair, effective and inviting classroom that reflects the teacher’s mindfulness of a student’s physical, social, and intellectual development and needs
- Assist with classroom behavior for your student(s) in age-appropriate ways
- Assist with diapering, feeding, clothing changes and other physical needs.
- Maintain confidentiality on all levels: children, teachers, parents, and administration
- Act in the best interests of Rockwern Academy
- Treat children, staff, and parents with respect
- Demonstrate commitment to teamwork and collegiality by helping others and accepting suggestions for improvement.
- Be on time for assigned duties and find a replacement when needed
- Supervise children during fire and tornado drills, as well as on the playground and in the halls or cafeteria, even if those who are not in one’s assigned class
To apply for this job please visit www.applitrack.com.