Rockwern Academy, Cincinnati’s pluralistic Jewish Day School, is looking for a licensed or ESL certified teacher to support our K-6 students 1-2 days a week.
Who are we?
At Rockwern Academy we build character, leadership, and academic curiosity within a caring, joyful, and inclusive school environment. An exceptional student-teacher ratio allows us to value each student as a true individual, discovering what gives them their inner spark. At Rockwern, we:
- Inspire a lifelong love of learning, as our experienced teachers prepare our students to thrive in top high schools.
- Create a more compassionate world by teaching values and ethics that last a lifetime.
- Nurture our powerful sense of community, fostering strong relationships between students of all ages, teachers, staff, and families.
- Explore the power of technology to engage students, developing tools for critical thinking and problem solving.
Qualified applicants will have an Ohio teaching certificate and experience in primary grades also preferred.
The range of needs varies from students that just need comprehension support to students who are just learning English and need basic language acquisition. This work is done primarily 1:1 or in very small groups.
The position is responsible to the K-6 Principal.
- Create and maintain a safe, organized, fair, effective and inviting classroom that reflects the teacher’s awareness of students’ physical, social, and intellectual development and needs
- Prepare, submit, and follow weekly lesson plans that mirror the curriculum and support desired learning, adapting as appropriate
- Present curricular material in a clear, fresh and relevant manner, using a variety of media, activities, and groupings
- Prepare and maintain materials and supplies that enhance learning
- Individualize instruction to meet students’ needs:
- Learn students’ preferred learning modalities, current understandings, and skill level
- Work to close gaps in learning
- Adapt approved materials and methods as needed
- Seek additional resources
- Encourage students to help one another
- Modify instruction in response to children’s emotional state or level of frustration
- Create time to work individually with children
- Suggest improvements in the areas of curriculum, assessment, policies, practices, etc.
- Demonstrate commitment to teamwork and collegiality by helping others and accepting suggestions for improvement
- Maintain complete, accurate, and understandable attendance and academic records
*Teachers are expected to base their practice on the principles of Responsive Classroom. However, it is understood that new staff will need training in order to meet this responsibility.
To apply for this job please visit www.applitrack.com.