Rockwern Academy, Cincinnati’s pluralistic Jewish Day School, is looking for Toddler Teaching Assistant in our Early Childhood Education Center (ECEC).
Who are we?
Rockwern Academy’s mission is to expand minds, celebrate Judaism, nurture community, and commit to building a better world. An exceptional student-teacher ratio allows us to value each student as a true individual, discovering what gives them their inner spark.
Teaching Assistants must have a high school degree.
To support Rockwern Academy’s Early Childhood Education Center’s (ECEC’s) mission by providing a nurturing play-based education to children 12 months – 5 years of age; by maintaining open lines of communication with parents, administrators and other staff; by keeping complete and accurate records; and by basing expectations, practice, and behavior in a high degree of professionalism
This position reports to the ECEC director.
- Help create and maintain a safe, organized, fair, effective and inviting classroom that reflects the teacher’s mindfulness of students’ physical, social, and intellectual development and needs
- Assist with classroom behavior in age-appropriate ways
- Create ground rules with students
- Establish routines
- Consistently model care, respect, acceptance, and empathy, both verbally and nonverbally
- Use a variety of appropriate approaches to reinforce acceptable behavior
- Prepare and maintain materials and supplies that enhance learning
- Support the Lead Teacher as they strive to individualize instruction to meet students’ needs
- Greet children daily as they enter the classroom; demonstrate respect and empathy for all children and parents
- Maintain confidentiality on all levels: children, teachers, parents, and administration
- Suggest improvements in the areas of curriculum, assessment, policies, practices, etc
- Act in the best interests of Rockwern Academy
- Speak positively about and to teachers, staff, students, administration, and the community
- Avoid gossip
- Treat children, staff, and parents with respect, even when stressed
- Assume positive intentions
- Use appropriate language, both verbal and nonverbal
- Dress appropriately
- Display caring
- Demonstrate suitable meeting behavior:
- Arrive on time
- Refrain from side talk
- Share ideas openly and freely
- Listen actively and with an open mind
- Be respectful
- Use humor appropriately
- Attend all required events; attend extra-curricular activities and PTO functions when possible
- Demonstrate commitment to teamwork and collegiality by helping others and accepting suggestions for improvement
- Be on time for assigned duties and find a replacement when needed
To apply for this job please visit www.applitrack.com.