To support Rockwern Academy’s Early Childhood Education Center’s (ECEC’s) mission by providing a nurturing play-based education to children 12 – 23 months of age; by maintaining open lines of communication with parents, administrators and other staff; by keeping complete and accurate records; and by basing expectations, practice, and behavior in a high degree of professionalism.
The Toddler Teacher Assistants must have a high school degree.
This position reports to the ECEC director.
- Help create and maintain a safe, organized, fair, effective and inviting classroom that reflects the teacher’s mindfulness of students’ physical, social, and intellectual development and needs
- Assist with classroom behavior in age-appropriate ways
- Create ground rules with students
- Establish routines
- Consistently model care, respect, acceptance, and empathy, both verbally and nonverbally
- Use a variety of appropriate approaches to reinforce acceptable behavior
- Prepare and maintain materials and supplies that enhance learning
- Support the Lead Teacher as she strives to individualize instruction to meet students’ needs
- Greet children daily as they enter the classroom; demonstrate respect and empathy for all children and parents
- Maintain confidentiality on all levels: children, teachers, parents, and administration
- Suggest improvements in the areas of curriculum, assessment, policies, practices, etc.
- Act in the best interests of Rockwern Academy
- Speak positively about and to teachers, staff, students, administration, and the community
- Avoid gossip
- Treat children, staff, and parents with respect, even when stressed
- Assume positive intentions
- Use appropriate language, both verbal and nonverbal
- Dress appropriately
- Display caring
- Demonstrate suitable meeting behavior:
- Arrive on time
- Refrain from side talk
- Share ideas openly and freely
- Listen actively and with an open mind
- Be respectful
- Use humor appropriately
- Attend all required events; attend extra-curricular activities and PTO functions when possible
- Demonstrate commitment to teamwork and collegiality by helping others and accepting suggestions for improvement
- Be on time for assigned duties and find a replacement when needed
To apply for this job please visit www.applitrack.com.