Rockwern Academy, Cincinnati’s pluralistic Jewish Day School, is looking for a Director of Marketing & Communications to support the school’s mission and vision.
Who are we?
At Rockwern Academy we build character, leadership, and academic curiosity within a caring, joyful, and inclusive school environment. An exceptional student-teacher ratio allows us to value each student as a true individual, discovering what gives them their inner spark. At Rockwern, we:
- Inspire a lifelong love of learning, as our experienced teachers prepare our students to thrive in top high schools.
- Create a more compassionate world by teaching values and ethics that last a lifetime.
- Nurture our powerful sense of community, fostering strong relationships between students of all ages, teachers, staff, and families.
- Explore the power of technology to engage students, developing tools for critical thinking and problem solving.
The Director of Marketing & Communications is responsible for leading, developing, and implementing the school’s full range of marketing efforts, including advertising and public relations efforts in a way that projects a professional, cohesive image and the vision and mission of Rockwern Academy. The Director will work with the administration to increase enrollment and ensure all communications are consistent with the brand’s visual identity. Materials executed by the Director of Marketing & Communications include, but are not limited to, advertising for Rockwern, school brochures, special event invitations, Facebook and Instagram page images or posts, and external presentations.
This is a full-time position. If a candidate prefers part time, that is an option if the design work is outsourced.
The position is responsible to the Head of School.
- Design, create, and implement a comprehensive marketing and communications strategy that incorporates all of Rockwern audiences and stakeholders
- Lead all marketing efforts, including but not limited to brand management, messaging, materials, social media, and outreach plans to advance the school’s strategic and operating objectives
- Produce and publish (with the assistance of outside designers, if necessary) all school internal and external print and digital communications, including newsletters, brochures, advertisements, letters, promotional materials, etc.
- Conceive and produce marketing videos (with outside videographer)
- Develop, implement, and oversee an advertising and social media plan that supports the school’s recruitment, retention, alumni, and development efforts (website, Instagram, and Facebook).
- Maximize Rockwern’s use of its website and other platforms to enhance communications and promote a strong sense of community among all stakeholders, attract new students, and raise the public profile of the school
- Establish and maintain positive working relationships within the Rockwern professional and volunteer community to ensure that all staff members utilize proper communication strategies, that messaging is aligned, and that opportunities to promote Rockwern are shared
- Develop and maintain strong working relationships with local media and community partners
- Write and edit press releases, letters, articles, and stories that promote Rockwern
- Training and experience in a marketing-related field
- A fine-tuned attention to detail and accuracy
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills and the ability to work effectively with a wide range of constituencies in the community
- Knowledge of communication principles and marketing techniques
- Ability to work under deadline pressure and to handle several assignments simultaneously
- Sound organizational skills; self -motivated, creative
- Working knowledge of desktop publishing applications (Google Suite)
- Excellent written, editing, and oral communication skills
- Strong leadership/management and interpersonal skills
- Understanding of and/or willingness to learn a range of web-based software applications such as Constant Contact, JotForm, and Squarespace
- Salary commensurate with experience; expected range $65,000-$90,000. Excellent benefits package including generous paid time off, Rockwern-paid life and long term disability insurance, subsidized health and dental insurance, vision insurance, 403b retirement plan, legal and identity protection plans, additional compensation starting year two as well as tuition discounts for children of employees.
To apply for this job please visit www.applitrack.com.