Springer School and Center
Title: Art Teacher
Anticipated start date: August 2, 2021
About our Organization
Springer School and Center is a caring community dedicated to supporting students diagnosed with learning disabilities and their families. Springer encompasses a school serving students in Grades 1-8 as well as a center for providing education about learning disabilities to members of the broader community. Springer faculty and staff embrace the organization’s mission and incorporating the core values of student growth/development, staff expertise/development, partnership, communication and stability in their daily work.
Springer faculty members are responsible for leading the growth and development of Springer students. Faculty members plan, execute and differentiate instruction so that students learn content as well as learning strategies. The Art Teacher plans and implements the instructional program for the students in art specific to the unique talents, strengths and needs of students with learning disabilities. The Art Teacher also actively finds opportunities to celebrate student art work in the community on a local, regional and national scale. At Springer art classes take place in a single classroom dedicated solely to art.
- Build, alter and refine an established Art curriculum.
- Design, implement, and assess high-quality differentiated instruction for students.
- Establish a thorough understanding of each child’s strengths and needs.
- Foster and maintain a safe and accepting learning environment.
- Develop meaningful relationships with students, families, and colleagues.
- Embrace a team approach to supporting student learning.
- Contribute to the health and wellbeing of the broader Springer community.
- Support students’ artistic growth and development inside and outside of the Art classroom.
- Bachelor’s degree or Master’s degree in Art and/or Special Education.
- Three or more years teaching students diagnosed with learning disabilities.
- Demonstrated subject-area expertise.
Terms of Employment: Full-time, 10 months per year (school year).
How to Apply
Qualified applicants should email a resume, cover letter and employment application (found on the Springer employment page) to firstname.lastname@example.org. The subject line of that email should reflect the position title.
Springer School and Center considers all applicants for all positions without regard to race, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, marital or veteran status, or any other legally protected status.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com