Springboro Schools/Clearcreek Elementary
(2023/2024 School Year)
SUMMARY: Under general supervision, provides for early identification of individual differences; provides individual and group counseling opportunities; and acts as a liaison with students, parents, teacher, administrator and outside resources in Grades PreK, K, 1st.
DUTIES/RESPONSIBILITIES & ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS:
1. Assists students and their parents in evaluating their aptitudes and abilities through the interpretation of individual standardized test scores and other pertinent data, and work with students in evolving education plans in terms of such evaluation.
2. Works to discover and develop special abilities of students.
3. Works to resolve students’ educational handicaps.
4. Assists in orientation of new students to school procedures and the schools’ varied opportunities for learning.
5. Remains readily available to students so as to provide counseling that will lead each student to increased personal growth, self-understanding and maturity.
6. Assists with kindergarten screening activities and attends school events.
7. Works with students and parents on an individual basis in the solution of personal problems such problems as home and family relations, health and emotional adjustments, drug and alcohol concerns and supports a positive self-image.
8. Guides students in their participation in school and community activities.
9. Maintains student records and maintains their confidentiality in conjunction with the Student Records and Data Management Coordinator.
10. Confers with parents.
11. Act as a resource for administrators, teachers, parents and other staff.
12. Works with teachers and other staff members to improve the educational aspects of individual students being counseled.
13. Takes an active role in interpreting the school’s objectives to students, parents, and the community at large.
14. Interprets the guidance program to the community.
15. Coordinates development and/or distribution of elementary guidance information to be published throughout the school year.
16. Assists the facilitation of an effective transition for students moving to into a new grade level.
1. Bachelor’s or advanced degree.
2. Valid Ohio teaching certification/license with appropriate endorsements
3. Must pass criminal background check.
CONDITIONS OF EMPLOYMENT
1. Effective Date: 2023/2024 school year
2. Terms of Employment: One Year Limited Contract
3. Salary and Fringe Benefits: Based on the current negotiated agreement
To apply for this job please visit www.applitrack.com.