Whitaker Elementary School / Finneytown Local School District
Successful candidate will:
· provide reading support to classrooms.
· select, order and catalog print and non-print materials and related equipment.
· analyze and evaluate the collection and equipment in order to meet the educational needs and philosophy of the school.
· provide Project Based Learning in technology, research, and typing skills to students.
Potential candidates should possess the following:
· Passion for the pursuit of equity in a public education setting so all students are able to succeed both in and out of the classroom
· Steadfast commitment to Restorative Practices and Responsive Classroom to build and maintain a positive school culture
· Thirst to join a grassroots group of pioneers in our movement from a traditional education model to one suited for the 21st century
· Eager to take instructional risks through innovation to improve student learning
· Appetite for teammates who seek and embrace constructive criticism through peer-to-peer classroom observations, teacher-based team meetings, and participation in our professional learning communities
· Aspiration to be empowered and supported as a leader within a culture where all community members are valued as leaders
· Hunger for a collective mindset that defaults to “yes” over “no” and a framework for thinking that centers on “What’s possible?” instead of “What’s wrong?”
· Current, appropriate Ohio License (K-12 School Library Media)
· Satisfactory BCI and FBI background checks
· Reading Endorsement (Preferred)
· Degree in Library and Information Science (Preferred)
· Experience (Preferred)
To apply for this job please visit www.applitrack.com.