Goshen Local Schools
American Sign Language Teacher (Grades 7-12)
The Goshen Local School District, located in the Cincinnati, Ohio area, welcomes prospective American Sign Language instructors to consider a full-time career in our school community. Candidates will be expected to design and implement an effectively dynamic, student-centered ASL program to be integrated into our World Languages Department. Along with having a deep understanding of ASL and Deaf culture, these candidates will need to demonstrate the potential for collaborating and growing in their teaching practices, supporting diverse learners, and building enriching relationships with student and staff.
* Education: Bachelor’s Degree required
* Must hold valid Ohio Teacher’s License in the appropriate area seeking employment, be in the process of seeking reciprocity from out-of-state, or be eligible for an interim license.
• Valid state department of education license/certificate as determined at the time of appointment.
• Adheres to theLicensure Code of Professional Conduct for Ohio Educators.
• Anticipates time constraints. Manages tasks efficiently to meet deadlines.
• Complies with drug-free workplace rules, board policies and administrative guidelines/procedures.
• Embodies high ethical standards/integrity. Accepts personal responsibility for decisions/conduct.
• Exhibits consistent, impartial and resourceful decision-making skills. Interprets information accurately. Evaluates options thoroughly. Develops reasonable solutions to resolve issues.
• Maintains a record free of criminal violations that would prohibit public school employment.
To apply for this job please visit www.applitrack.com.