Mason City Schools - Mason High School
Mason City School District
Posting Date: February 17th, 2021
Position: Business Teacher and Experiential Learning Coordinator
Location: High School
We are seeking a dynamic individual for the position of Business Teacher and Experiential Learning Coordinator during the 2021-2022 school year. The successful candidate will be committed to the highest personal and professional standards.
This position will teach Business classes and coordinate the MHS Experiential Learning program. The successful candidate will create new and nurture existing relationships with local businesses to grow the MHS Experiential Learning program (including increasing new internship opportunities for MHS students). The position requires the successful candidate to build and continue local business and industry relationships. The position reports to building administration throughout the year.
Other minimum qualifications include:
1. Valid Ohio 7-12 Business or Business Communications Certification/Licensure
2. Willingness to work as a member of a collaborative team
3. Establish a positive rapport with students, families, and staff
4. Teaching experience preferred
5. Experience creating and nurturing relationships with local businesses preferred
6. Experience with interviewing candidates for positions preferred
7. Experience organizing and facilitating events with local businesses
8. Ability to create and sustain new programs and initiatives related to increasing internship opportunities for students
9. Data collection throughout the year including gathering data from students, staff, and local businesses
10. Organize existing signed agreements and placements
11. Marketing experience (including using social media effectively) to increase the visibility of the program and students is preferred
12. Ability to work independently while reporting to building administration to share updates and resource needs
Interested individuals must complete an application in the AppliTrack system for consideration. Please ensure that you upload a resume to the system as well.
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
To apply for this job please visit www.applitrack.com.