St. Xavier High School
About the Position: St. Xavier High School is seeking a Head Rugby Coach to begin immediately. The candidate must possess demonstrated knowledge and proven techniques necessary to develop and maintain an efficient, competitive Rugby program for highly competitive high school athletes and teams. The ideal candidate will be a well-rounded and engaging person who will facilitate growth and collaboration both on and off the pitch.
St. Xavier High School, founded in 1831 and the oldest high school in Cincinnati, Ohio, is an all-male Catholic college preparatory school sponsored by the Society of Jesus (Jesuits). With an enrollment of 1400 young men from 3 states and 90 grade schools, St. X takes pride in having educated more than 18,000 living alumni in the Jesuit tradition for more than 187 years. At graduation, students will be open to growth, intellectually competent, religious, loving, and committed to peace and justice.
Primary Areas of Responsibility:
- Organize and supervise the school Rugby program for grades 9-12
- Oversee scheduling activities, development of the Rugby budget, travel arrangements
- Perform pre-season and post-season activities
- Inventory and maintain all equipment and compile related statistics
- Responsible for the hiring, supervision & evaluation of coaching staff with the support of the Athletic Director.
- Coordinate overall practice schedule for the Rugby program including conditioning
- Maintain professional growth through attendance of coaching clinics and conferences
- Work with parent group(s) to help with organization and communication
The successful candidate will also demonstrate the following:
- Excellent organization and communication skills
- Creative and innovative approach to athlete and program development
- Understanding of team dynamics and team chemistry
- Knowledge of sports psychology including goal setting, visualization, and positive mental attitude
- Understanding of the St. Xavier mission and formation of the whole person within athletics and wellness
- Understanding of how athletics and wellness develop the whole person in harmony with other aspects of the educational process
- Ability to understand the balance of academics, sports and service and makes efficient use of student athlete time
- Establish an atmosphere of open communication and collaboration
- Bachelor’s degree preferred
- Secondary teaching certificate preferred
- Coaching experience or participating in a college or high-school Rugby program.
To apply, visit https://www.stxavier.org/about/employment-opportunities
Deadline: June 1, 2021
To apply for this job please visit www.stxavier.org.