St. Xavier High School - Cincinnati, OH
Position Opening: Full-Time Physics Teacher for 2021-22 School Year
St. Xavier High School, founded in 1831 and the oldest high school in Cincinnati, Ohio, is an all-male Catholic college preparatory school sponsored by the Society of Jesus (Jesuits). With an enrollment of 1400 young men from 3 states and over 90 grade schools, St. X takes pride in having educated more than 18,000 living alumni in the Jesuit tradition for more than 186-years.
The successful candidate will have a strong commitment to Catholic education and willingness to work with a talented and motivated student population and faculty colleagues. The successful St. Xavier teacher is dedicated to developing the whole person in academics, religious growth, and commitment to others. The candidate will be responsible for teaching Conceptual Physics for one school year to cover faculty sabbaticals.
- B.S. in Physics, Engineering, or related discipline
- Ohio Professional or Resident Educator License in Adolescent to Young Adult (7-12) Physics or Physical Science/Physics/Chemistry
- Experience teaching conceptual physics at the high school level
- Ability to design lessons that incorporate a variety of instructional methods and techniques
- Ability to effectively integrate technological resources into instruction
- Familiarity with the use of electronic laboratory data acquisition systems and the ability to guide students in the use of these systems
- Experience and success in working as a member of a collaborative teaching team
To apply, visit:
Application Deadline: May 14th, 2021
To apply for this job please visit www.stxavier.org.