St. Xavier High School
Position Opening: Physics Teacher
St. Xavier High School, founded in 1831 and the oldest high school in Cincinnati, Ohio, is an all-male Catholic college preparatory school sponsored by the Society of Jesus (Jesuits). With an enrollment of 1400 young men from 3 states and 100 grade schools, St. X takes pride in having educated more than 18,000 living alumni in the Jesuit tradition for more than 186 years.
The successful candidate will have a strong commitment to Catholic education and willingness to work with a talented and motivated student population and faculty colleagues. The successful St. Xavier teacher is dedicated to developing the whole person in academics, religious growth, and commitment to others.
- B.S. in Physics, Engineering, or related discipline
- Ohio Professional or Resident Educator License in Adolescent to Young Adult (7-12) Physics or Physical Science/Physics/Chemistry
- Experience teaching physics at the high school level
- Ability to design lessons that incorporate a variety of instructional methods and techniques
- Ability to effectively integrate technological resources into instruction
- Familiarity with the use of electronic laboratory data acquisition systems and the ability to guide students in the use of these systems
- Experience and success in working as a member of a collaborative teaching team
To apply, visit:
Application Deadline: July 12th, 2021
To apply for this job please visit www.stxavier.org.