St. Xavier High School
Career Opportunity: Senior Human Resources Manager, St. Xavier High School
Do you have experience leading HR initiatives in Education? Are you a strategic thinker with the ability to be hands-on also? Are you dynamic, a relationship-builder, and able to make those tough, critical decisions? If you answered yes, this is the opportunity for you!
Thank you for your interest in employment opportunities at St. Xavier High School, the Jesuit Catholic high school in Cincinnati, Ohio. Our mission is “to assist young men in their formation as leaders and men for others through rigorous college preparation in the Jesuit tradition.” We are committed to being the rigorous college preparatory school in greater Cincinnati where close to 1,400 exceptional boys from diverse backgrounds transform into academically accomplished men for others who are prepared to discern and successfully carry out God’s plan for their lives and to serve as leaders in our rapidly changing world. St. Xavier currently employs more than 220 full-time faculty, administration, and staff personnel.
St. Xavier High School is seeking a Senior Human Resources Manager to manage the overall delivery of its Human Resources services and programs. This role will develop HR strategies to improve the operational efficiency and functions of the school and support its overall mission. Additionally, this role will ensure the implementation of School policies and programs, state, and federal regulations, and negotiated agreements. This role will also:
- Work collaboratively with Payroll/Benefits Specialist; Also work in partnership with outsourced Recruiter.
- Identify, develop, and implement Workforce Planning initiatives, ensuring operational alignment and support for School priorities and future staffing.
- Develop and maintain appropriate Recruiting & Onboarding Procedures for selection, assignment, evaluation, corrective action, and termination of personnel, as well as related documents and storage systems.
- Manage Student Workers’ onboarding and minor work permits.
- Monitor legislative activities that impact personnel administration; Recommend Policy and Administrative Changes in support of legal compliance.
- Maintain and update all Policy & Procedures documents related to employment on a regular basis (i.e., employee handbook, performance management, HR forms, etc.)
- Implement & utilize Employee Feedback Strategies such as pulse surveys or stay interviews and exit interviews on a regular and ongoing basis; Analyze and interpret employee survey data; Share and provide recommendations for employee engagement improvements to the Leadership Team.
- Lead Employee Relations and Supervisor development as it relates to personnel management and relations.
- Maintain & analyze important data, including turnover data, exit interviews and workplace accidents & injuries; Make recommendations when necessary.
- Work in collaboration with School leadership and the DEI Dept. to Create and Sustain a Positive and Diverse Culture in which employees feel appreciated, supported, and engaged.
- Develop and administer Employee Record-keeping procedures in compliance with best practices and legal requirements.
- Manage Worker’s Compensation, ADA Accommodations, FMLA & Leave Administration, in conjunction with appropriate vendors as applicable.
- Help to lead Benefits’ Administration & HR Vendor Relationships.
- Ensure alignment of School HR support resources while maintaining fiscal responsibility.
What you’ll need to be successful:
- Valid HR certification: HRCI, SHRM or pHCLE preferred.
- Degree from accredited college/university with emphasis on personnel administration; master’s degree preferred; bachelor’s degree required.
- Minimum 5 years administrative experience in human resource management, ideally in an education setting.
- Experience using data to track trends, predict future conditions and adjust practices to meet goals.
- High level of comfort with various software & reporting systems and HRIS administration
- Demonstrated skill in written and oral communications.
- Strong knowledge of state and federal labor laws and regulations.
- Demonstrated ability to provide consultative guidance and expertise for personnel management, organizational structures, and human resources development.
Reports to: VP of Operations and C.F.O.
Employer is EOE/M/F/D/V and strongly supports diversity in the workplace. Please no third-party candidates or phone calls.
To apply for this job please visit www.stxavier.org.