St. Xavier High School
Position Opening: Part-time Hispanic Family Liaison
St. Xavier High School, founded in 1831 and the oldest high school in Cincinnati, Ohio, is an all-male Catholic college preparatory school sponsored by the Society of Jesus (Jesuits). With an enrollment of over 1350 young men from 3 states and more than 90 grade schools, St. Xavier takes pride in having educated more than 20,000 living alumni in the Jesuit tradition.
The Hispanic Family Liaison will be a part-time position and housed in the Student Services Department and will assist students and their families. The main objective is to ensure that Hispanic students and families can fully participate at St. Xavier by providing access to resources, opportunities, and effective communications.
- Communicate effectively with Hispanic parents and build relationships that encourage family participation.
- Support daily work of the Student Services department.
- Assist Hispanic families from their first contact with St. Xavier through graduation and beyond.
- Work cooperatively with other school departments to assist Hispanic families.
- Translate/ create school communications designed to better inform Hispanic families.
- Provide interpreting for required and as-needed family meetings.
- Expand programming for both Hispanic families and Student Services caseload.
- Assist school personnel in understanding the cultural nuances of working with Hispanic students and families.
- Provide additional support to the Student Services department including work with families involved with the CISE program.
- Other duties as assigned.
Some of the above responsibilities will require work hours outside traditional school hours and during the summer months.
- Fluency in written and spoken Spanish and English and an ability to communicate clearly and positively in these languages.
- Ability to translate verbal and written Spanish.
- Strong public speaking skills in both English and Spanish.
- Experience operating and building programming.
- Experience in working with Hispanic population in an organizational setting, school setting preferred.
- Proficient in the use of technology including the Microsoft Office suite.
- Exhibit flexibility regarding decision-making, daily challenges, and job duties.
- Maintain appropriate confidentiality about students, school, and staff.
- Work as a “team player” and a Catholic candidate preferred.
To apply, visit: