“People we serve come from all walks of life and so do we. We want to empower the potential of every team, and we know that teams perform best when they are diverse and every team member feels that they belong.”
Ideal candidates for Hamilton County DDS:
· Have a passion to improve others’ lives, demonstrated through superior customer service.
· Possess excellent written and verbal communication skills.
· Value a positive culture and friendly, supportive team members.
Benefits at Hamilton County DDS:
· Varies work week.
· $20.00 per hour.
· State Teachers Retirement System which includes a 14% employee contribution and a 14% employer contribution.
Instructor Substitute (3220-61)
Job Duties (Summary):
· Assumes the duties of absent Instructor.
· Implements daily lesson plan as written by the instructor in the substitute folder.
· Instructs or assists students with DD in development of cognitive, socialization, communication, fine and gross motor, self-help and vocational skills in accord with individual’s IEP.
· Follows lesson plans to address the needs of students; prepares and records lesson plans as needed.
· Prepares case notes, evaluation summaries and documentation for files and funding sources; records data on daily activities, behavior problems, toileting, feeding, seizures and attendance.
· Supervises and assists individuals in boarding and disembarking from buses and during lunch/break time.
· Intervenes in crisis or unusual situations as needed.
· Supervises Instructor Assistant.
· Attends to physical needs of students/adults (e.g., assists with feeding, toileting changing, soiled clothing, mobility, illness, etc.).
· Works cooperatively with other staff, parents, caseworkers, medical personnel, specialists etc., to achieve client goals and programming as identified by IEP/IP.
· Maintains required licenses and/or certificates.
· Performs other related duties as required or assigned.
Requirements (Education, Experience, Licensure, Certification):
· Bachelor degree in special education or related fields.
· Has or is eligible for State of Ohio Substitute Teaching Certificate.
· Possess valid driver’s license and meets agency driver’s insurability requirements.
· Please apply online at:
§ Our website www.hamiltondds.org (Careers) or
§ Hamilton County website www.hamilton-co.org (Employment, Job Announcements)
5858 Bridgetown Road
Cincinnati, OH 45248
Deadline to Apply:
September 6, 2022 at 9:00am.
To apply for this job please visit www.hamilton-co.org.