“People we serve come from all walks of life and so do we. We want to empower the potential of every team, and we know that teams perform best when they are diverse and every team member feels that they belong.”
Ideal candidates for Hamilton County DDS:
· Have a passion to improve others’ lives, demonstrated through superior customer service.
· Possess excellent written and verbal communication skills.
· Value a positive culture and friendly, supportive team members.
Benefits at Hamilton County DDS:
· 35-hour work week 9-month position.
· Starting salary range: $44,651.25 to $55,814.06.
· Highly competitive employee Benefits Package and generous paid time off.
· State Teachers Retirement System which includes a 14% employee contribution and a 14% employer contribution.
Job Duties (Summary):
· Supervises instructor assistant; instructs and evaluates instructor assistant; works with instructor assistant to solve student behavior problems or achieve goals.
· Instructs students with developmental disabilities; assists students individually or in groups in working toward established goals; prepares teaching materials or aids to assist in student learning; sets up and operates audio visual equipment to aid in instruction.
· Assesses student using appropriate assessment tools in various program areas, gathers information from parents, professionals and records from students, and writes Individual Education Plans (IEP), positive behavior support plans; Evaluation Team Report (ETR), Alternate Assessment (AA), documents activities performed and progress toward IEP objectives; completes scheduled updates on IEP.
· Prepares and records daily lesson plans to address student needs; orders materials as needed for instruction; records data on daily activities, behavior programs, toileting schedules, and feeding programs for evaluation of students and revision of programs; records attendance, seizure activities, toileting activities and behavior problems of students; maintains substitute book.
· Attends to physical needs of students as necessary (e.g., assists with feeding, toileting, changing soiled clothes, mobility, illness, etc.); lifts, positions, and moves students in a safe manner, according to in-service training, using proper lifting techniques; assists with loading and unloading of students on buses and other vehicles.
· Works cooperatively; meets, and maintains contact with other staff, parents, caseworkers, medical personnel, specialists, etc. to achieve student goals and programming as identified by IEP; facilitates communication with students through use of sign language, picture communication, etc.; communicates with parents regularly regarding student activities and progress; communication with parents regarding student activities and progress.
Job Duties (Summary)(Cont’d):
· Develops and demonstrates knowledge of current developments in field to provide most beneficial care; attends meeting, in-services, workshop, etc. (e.g., participates in employer provided training); serve on various school committee as assigned.
· Maintains required licenses; working toward appropriate intervention specialist license if needed, including CPR/First Aid, CPI, certified school van driver, and delegated nursing.
· Demonstrates regular and predictable attendance.
· Administers oral and topical medication(s) and tube feedings to students after receiving appropriate training, and when delegated by a Registered Nurse employed by the agency.
· After volunteering for appropriate training, transports students in county vehicles when requested by an Administrator; travels to and gains access to other work sites as needed in a safe, efficient and effective manner in accordance with the agency’s established procedures.
· Performs other related duties as required or assigned.
Requirements (Education, Experience, Licensure, Certification):
· Bachelor degree in special education or related fields.
· Has or eligible for Ohio teaching license and appropriate intervention specialist license.
· Possess valid driver’s license and meets agency driver’s insurability requirements.
· Please apply online at:
§ Our website www.hamiltondds.org (Careers) or
§ Hamilton County website www.hamilton-co.org (Employment, Job Announcements)
5858 Bridgetown Road
Cincinnati, OH 45248
Deadline to Apply:
September 6, 2022 at 9:00am.
To apply for this job please visit www.hamiltondds.org.