Are you passionate about giving all children an equal opportunity through educational attainment? Do you want to work with a group of educators that share your beliefs and work relentlessly as a team to close the achievement gap?
If so, ReGeneration Schools is the place for you!
We are seeking an experienced full-time Paraprofessional to join Regeneration Schools. This individual will work closely with the general education and special education school team to supervise a student according to their Individualized Education Plan (IEP) that will help them develop their full potential while systematically increasing their social appropriate behavior.
- Believes low-income students can become college and career ready.
- High expectations on personal and team performance.
- Flexible to changing priorities and conditions.
- Demonstrate initiative and creativity.
- Communicate clearly and effectively both verbally and in writing.
- Demonstrate mastery of academic subjects and behavioral interventions.
- 1-5 years of paraprofessional experience in an urban setting.
- Valid paraprofessional license from the Ohio Department of Education – REQUIRED.
- Closely monitor student behavior as indicated on the student’s IEP and Behavior Intervention Plan (BIP).
- Provide individualized instruction, under the direction of the Special Education teacher, to assess and identify student’s needs on a one-to-one basis.
- Set and attain ambitious student achievement and social-emotional benchmarks.
- Provide ongoing support for classroom teacher prompting, redirection and modeling in helping the student access the activities of school curriculum.
- Model and encourage appropriate student behavior (i.e. grit, self-control, social intelligence, optimism and curiosity).
- Assist with collection of behavioral and academic data as directed by teacher or school team.
- Collaborate with other paraprofessionals to facilitate positive interactions for the student with all staff who are responsible for the student’s education.
- Work with grade-level chair and school team to constantly evaluate and improve mastery of instructional, culture building, and leadership skills.
- Participate mandatory professional development and CPI training.
- Other duties as assigned.
Competitive salary and benefits (based on experience).
ReGeneration is an equal opportunity employer and will not discriminate against any employee or applicant on the basis of race, color, creed, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age or disability.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org