“People we serve come from all walks of life and so do we. We want to empower the potential of every team, and we know that teams perform best when they are diverse and every team member feels that they belong.”
Ideal candidates for Hamilton County DDS:
· Have a passion to improve others’ lives, demonstrated through superior customer service.
· Possess excellent written and verbal communication skills.
· Value a positive culture and friendly, supportive team members.
Benefits at Hamilton County DDS:
· 35-hour work week 9-month position.
· Flexible schedule and hybrid work from home options.
· Starting salary range: $21,687.75 to $27,109.69.
· Highly competitive employee Benefits Package and generous paid time off.
· Ohio Public Employee’s Retirement System which includes a 10% employee contribution and a 14% employer contribution.
Instructor Assistant (3112-61)
Job Duties (Summary):
· Assists the Instructor in supervision of children in all areas of classroom activities including instruction, behavior support, physical development, social interaction, and personal hygiene.
· Attends to the physical and personal care of children (e.g., assists with feeding, toileting, changing soiled clothing, mobility, illness, etc.); lifts, positions and moves children in a safe manner using proper lifting techniques; administers oral and topical medication(s) to students after receiving appropriate training, and when delegated by a Registered Nurse employed by the Agency.
· Positions children using adaptive equipment and using proper techniques under the supervision of the Instructor/ancillary staff.
· Supervise children during breaks, lunch period and vehicle loading and unloading; assists with feeding of children during lunch period.
· Intervenes in crisis situations that may require physical interactions.
· Assists in or documents records for IEP, attendance, etc.
· Works cooperatively with other staff, parents, caseworkers, medical personnel, specialists, etc. to achieve individual’s goals and programming as identified by IEP; facilitates communication with individuals through use of sign language, picture communication, etc.
· Assists in maintaining the appearance and safety of the classroom environment and of the instructional equipment and materials.
· Maintains required permits.
· Demonstrates regular and predictable attendance.
· Performs other related duties as required.
Requirements (Education, Experience, Licensure, Certification):
· High School diploma or GED.
· Eligibility for an educational aide permit.
· Previous experience in working with children with DD, or equivalent preferred.
· Please apply online at:
§ Our website www.hamiltondds.org (Careers) or
§ Hamilton County website www.hamilton-co.org (Employment, Job Announcements)
4999 Kinsley Drive
Cincinnati, OH 45227
Deadline to Apply:
June 14, 2022 at 9:00am.
To apply for this job please visit www.hamilton-co.org.