Citizens of the World Charter School
ABOUT CITIZENS OF THE WORLD CHARTER SCHOOLS
Our purpose at Citizens of the World Charter Schools (CWC) is to realize human potential by strengthening the bonds among us and developing true citizens of the world. In this work, we are guided by our core values of Excellence, Authenticity, Diversity, Community and Change, and our operating norms that reflect a commitment to personal and professional growth, including operating as learners, with curiosity, integrity and humility. The mission of Citizens of the World Charter Schools is to impact and expand the conversation about what an excellent education contains, requires and accomplishes. Citizens of the World schools challenge students to realize their full potential and thrive in a diverse society. We are public schools open to all, committed to serving diverse communities throughout the U.S. with schools currently in Los Angeles and Kansas City. We develop sophisticated thinkers who master content and have a courageous and compassionate sense of responsibility for themselves and others. Our schools are in strong demand. Our classrooms are challenging – and joyful – learning environments that engage children through fun projects tailored to their personal experiences, strengths and needs. Our teachers take the time to get to know each child as an individual. We empower children to think critically and learn to engage respectfully and productively with fellow students by developing their capacity to enter into and understand the lives of others. Our goal is for student “success” to include mastery of both content and emotions, so that students can meaningfully connect with each other, be part of any community, and courageously decide who they are in the world and how they want the world to be.
The Director of Family Engagement is a key member of the regional leadership team and has a significant impact on the direction of the organization. By working with the Executive Director, the Board of Directors, and the Citizens of the World Charter Schools national network, the Director of Family Engagement will play a critical role in guiding the strategic direction of the CWC Cincinnati region. As the CWC Cincinnati region grows, the scope and responsibility of the Director of Family Engagement is also expected to increase. This is a full-time position on the CWC Cincinnati team and is located in Cincinnati, Ohio. For more information on Citizens of the World Charter Schools, please visit www.cwccincinnati.org.
The Director of Family Engagement is responsible for 1) developing and executing an inclusive family engagement plan 2) developing and executing a recruitment strategy and activities related to new student recruitment 3) developing a strategy for all CWC Cincinnati communication efforts The best candidate for this position is a forward thinking and dynamic change agent who is responsible for the development and implementation of the vision, goals, and strategy for the CWC Cincinnati student enrollment initiative and ensuring the schools reflect the diversity of our community. This position will play a critical role in designing and implementing a multi-year student outreach and enrollment plan to ensure stable enrollment and programmatic efficiency at CWC Cincinnati. This role will partner closely with the Executive Director, Director of Operations, and lead Academic staff to ensure a comprehensive, coherent regional strategy including but not limited to: planning, community outreach, marketing, and data management.
Coordinate, recruit, and manage a strategic plan to ensure families feel welcome at CWC Cincinnati
• Helps organize, facilitate and conduct meetings and training sessions for staff and families, when needed.
• Promotes families as partners by involving them in the decision-making process regarding familial involvement activities and school improvement
• Maintains organized records of activities related to Family Engagement, including but not limited to, child files and attendance records.
• Collaborates with families, teachers, and the school’s leadership team to develop a family-friendly, inclusive, welcoming school climate
• Builds a pipeline of community volunteers for activities at school
• Coordinates incentives such as field trips, awards, games, and other fun family engagement activities to encourage family participation in school related events.
• Builds relationships with community organizations to support the school, volunteer, and participate in school and community events
• Collaborates with local, regional, and state organizations to create opportunities to help families understand school academic standards, assessments and academic reports
• Works on special projects as needed by the Executive Director
Coordinate, be accountable for and execute a strategic student recruitment outreach program, including:
• Identifies strategies and tactics in-line with CWC Cincinnati commitment to Diversity-Equity-Inclusion
• Develops partnerships and outreach opportunities with preschools, daycare centers, Head Starts, community organizations, schools, and other sources for enrollment.
• Mobilizing the CWC Cincinnati parent community to support efforts
• Represents CWC Cincinnati at enrollment fairs and community events
• Designs and develops hard copy and digital marketing materials
• Tracks, reports, and adapts all recruitment tactics, including social media management.
• Connects with potential families in the enrollment pipeline to promote awareness and understanding of CWC Cincinnati while ensuring their timely progression from application to registration.
• Develops new digital content (stories, spotlights, etc.) to share unique aspects of CWC Cincinnati in ways that highlight what makes the school unique and captures the school’s essence
• Assesses and implements external recruitment strategies as available; seek understanding and growth by leveraging relationships with other charters, funders, etc. to ensure our activities are in-line with best practices and new approaches.
• Engages, leads, motivates and thanks other staff to engage in recruitment efforts (open houses, etc.)
Manage all internal and external communications supporting CWC Cincinnati’s efforts. This includes school newsletters, marketing collateral, and digital advertising, social media, and any other activity designed to boost the profile of CWC Cincinnati.
• Manages and schedules CWC Cincinnati events supporting Citizens’ brand awareness, mission elevation, and/or fund development.
• Manages website and other digital communications platforms central to CWC Cincinnati’s communications strategies.
• Works with the CWC Schools national network; supports regional and national communications strategies.
• Along with the Director of Operations, develops emergency communication protocols and procedures and participates in their execution as needed.
QUALIFICATIONS & TRAITS
The ideal candidate will have:
• Experience (minimum four years preferred) working with families in a school setting or in college-based admission
• Experience working with diverse populations, including English language learners and students with special needs
• Experience organizing and managing marketing campaigns or
political/advocacy community organizing.
• Excellent communication/interpersonal skills as well as a desire to collaborate with various stakeholders to help develop a strong school community
• Maturity, humility, strong work ethic, sense of humor, and a can-do attitude
• Ability to manage self and engage/motivate others and hold peers accountable
• Willingness to explore additional school responsibilities (before/after school care and classes, committee involvement, etc.); stipends may be available for such responsibilities.
• Experience in creative suites (Adobe, Microsoft, iMove) experience using advertising / marketing components and distribution content on social channels (Instagram, Twitter, Facebook)
• Fluency in Spanish is preferred, but not required.
• Be aligned with the education philosophy and the school’s mission.
COMPENSATION & BENEFITS
CWC Cincinnati offers competitive salaries commensurate with experience and a comprehensive benefits package. CWC Cincinnati is an Equal Opportunity Employer. As an organization that values diversity and aims to serve a diverse group of students, we work to reflect this diversity in our staff as well.
Please email a cover letter and resume to email@example.com with the email subject line title: “CWC Cincinnati Director of Family Engagement Application”.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org