Seton High School
Social Studies Teachers, 2021-22 School Year (1 Part-time and 1 Full-time position)
Seton High School, an all-girls Catholic high school sponsored by the Sisters of Charity, seeks a full-time and a part-time Social Studies Teacher for the 2021-2022 school year. The full-time position entails a full-time teaching schedule (six classes), while the part-time position entails teaching 3 classes, with the possibility of teaching all grade levels (9-12). Candidate must have current Social Studies licensure. Candidates with credentials to teach AP are strongly preferred. Catholic candidates preferred.
· Effectively communicate with students and parents regarding assignments, grading and projects
· Input grades in a timely and regular manner into online gradebook
· Proficient use of tablet technology in the classroom, specifically Google Classroom
· Engage students in content and conduct meaningful class discussions and activities
· Assess students’ knowledge fairly and accurately
· Attend all faculty/staff meetings as scheduled
· Attend all faculty/staff meetings and PLC meetings as scheduled
· Seek opportunities for professional growth and development
· Willingness to assume other extracurricular duties as needed
· Minimum of a Bachelor’s Degree in Social Studies/Education
· Social Studies Ohio licensure
· Proficient knowledge of content area and curriculum
· Effective communication skills
· Understanding of the mission of Seton High School and the Sisters of Charity
· Completion of background check and VIRTUS
Please email a cover letter, resume and three professional references to the attention of Cassie Whitehouse, HR Manager, at HR@setoncincinnati.org. Please specify “Social Studies PT or FT” in subject line. No phone calls please.
As an equal opportunity employer, Seton High School does not discriminate in its employment decisions on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, sex, pregnancy, childbirth and related conditions, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, disability, veteran or military status, genetic information, ancestry or any other protected status as required by law; or any other status protected under federal, state, or local law; nor shall Seton High School suffer such discrimination by its agents in the conduct of its affairs.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org