Seton High School
Seton High School, an all-girls Catholic high school sponsored by the Sisters of Charity, seeks a full-time Mental Health and Wellness Clinician for the 2021-22 school year. The required qualifications must be met in order to be considered as an applicant.
The clinician provides mental health psychotherapy to adolescents, children and families in an outpatient, school-based setting. The clinician supports the mission of Seton High School in supporting students through crises/mental health challenges with a treatment team approach. The clinician supports the goal of each student working within her Least Restrictive Environment.
The clinician will be responsible for providing services related to the delivery of mental health care to assigned faculty, staff and students at Seton High School. The clinician will demonstrate strong clinical and assessment skills and is instrumental in furthering the mission of Seton High School.
Duties and Responsibilities
· Provides mental health and wellness services and programs that foster prosocial skills and school engagement
· Works in partnership with the Academic Advisors, School Social Worker, School nurse and Administrators to identify the mental health needs of students
· Creates individualized treatment plans according to student needs and circumstances. Meets with student caseload regularly to provide counseling, treatment and adjust treatment plans as necessary
· Conducts ongoing assessments of student progress in coordination with Seton administration, staff and family
· Provides individual and group counseling services to students in need of ongoing support
· Conducts clinical interviews with students and keeps updated records and documentation
· Maintains and facilitates communication with and between families, school staff/teachers and administration
· Review and Assess students with mental health concerns and make appropriate referrals and recommendations that are in line with Seton High School policies
· Provide counseling activities including but not limited to: enhancing coping skills, providing family functioning interventions, promoting communication and social interaction, school accountability and improved attendance; parenting education, substance abuse education and/or treatment, mental health counseling
· The Clinician will provide consultation services to the school staff and administration to support the overall mental health goals of Seton High school
· Develop staff in-service training programs in consultation with the Director of Student Support Services, Program Coordinator and School Social Worker
· Assist teachers in effectively supporting student emotions/behaviors as necessary
· Provide transparent and proactive communication to the Director of Student Support Services and Principal/Assistant Principal
· Participate in special education assessment meetings as well as Individual Educational
Planning Meetings and consulting for Intervention Assistance Team as needed
Serves as a member of Seton’s Student Support Services team and integrates within the school culture and system. Works with Seton Administration, Program Coordinator and Student Support Team to establish and maintain Health and Wellness within the Seton school community, supporting student, faculty and staff health and wellness, in coordination with the Director of Student Support Services.
● Possession of valid Ohio Licensed Clinical Social Worker (LCSW), Licensed Independent Social Worker (LISW or Licensed Professional Clinical Counselor (LPCC) experience working with students in need of mental health services.
Understanding and commitment to the mission of the Sisters of Charity
● Master’s Degree in Social Work or related field
● Minimum of three (3) years’ experience working in youth counseling
● Excellent communication skills – both written and verbal
● Detail oriented
● Ability to relate to and influence others and to work in a collaborative and mission-focused environment
● Ability to maintain confidentiality
Please email a cover letter, resume and three professional references to Human Resources at HR@setoncincinnati.org. Please copy Erin Rowland, Director of Student Support Services, at firstname.lastname@example.org. No phone calls please.
As an equal opportunity employer, Seton High School does not discriminate in its employment decisions on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, sex, pregnancy, childbirth and related conditions, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, disability, veteran or military status, genetic information, ancestry or any other protected status as required by law; or any other status protected under federal, state, or local law; nor shall Seton High School suffer such discrimination by its agents in the conduct of its affairs.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com