Seton High School
Seton High School, an all-girls Catholic high school sponsored by the Sisters of Charity, seeks a full-time Academic Advisor for the 2021-2022 school year. The position entails a caseload of approximately 125-130 students from all grade levels. Academic Advisors will be assigned to the same students throughout their four years at Seton.
● Serve as the school’s Advanced Placement Testing Coordinator.
● Serve as High School Placement Test Coordinator.
● Schedule regular appointments with students to discuss grades, attendance and 4-year academic plan.
● Provide individual academic support to students, helping students to focus on academic progress, and proactively communicating with teachers, parents and administration.
● Assists students with choosing classes that best fit college and career goals.
● Plan and implement group guidance for students and families with respect to the college application process, study skills, etc.
● Supports the scheduling process for incoming and current students.
● Monitor student attendance and proactively communicate with students, parents, teachers and administration regarding school attendance.
● Work closely with Student Support Services to assist students with proactive academic planning.
● Work closely as members of the Intervention Assistance Team and provide Tier 1 interventions.
● Keep accurate notes in Naviance regarding student meetings and progress.
● Master’s degree in school counseling
● Valid Ohio school counseling license
● A desire to help students and families navigate college and career readiness in terms of class, the college application process, as well as possible career shadowing
● Proficient knowledge of Naviance and the college application and admissions process
● Available from 7:30 a.m. to 3:00 p.m. during the school year as well as occasional evenings and weekends as needed
● Available as agreed upon with Administration over the summer months
Please email a cover letter, resume and three professional references to the attention of Cassie Whitehouse, HR Manager, at HR@setoncincinnati.org. Please note “Advisor” in the subject line of the email. No phone calls please.
As an equal opportunity employer, Seton High School does not discriminate in its employment decisions on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, sex, pregnancy, childbirth and related conditions, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, disability, veteran or military status, genetic information, ancestry or any other protected status as required by law; or any other status protected under federal, state, or local law; nor shall Seton High School suffer such discrimination by its agents in the conduct of its affairs.