Seton High School
Seton School Based Mental Health and Wellness Clinician
Seton High School, an all-girls Catholic high school sponsored by the Sisters of Charity of Cincinnati, seeks a school year based Mental Health and Wellness Clinician. The school based clinician provides mental health psychotherapy to adolescents, children and families in an outpatient, school-based setting. The clinician supports the mission of Seton High School in supporting students through crises/mental health challenges with a treatment team approach, and will support the goal of each student working within her Least Restrictive Environment. The candidate should uphold and model a moral code consistent with the teachings of the Catholic Church, Sisters of Charity, the mission of Seton High School and Catholic education.
Duties and Responsibilities
· The clinician will be responsible for providing services related to the delivery of mental health care to assigned faculty, staff and students at Seton High School.
· The clinician will demonstrate strong clinical and assessment skills and is instrumental in furthering the mission of Seton High School.
· Provides mental health and wellness services and programs that foster prosocial skills and school engagement.
· Works in partnership with the Academic Advisors, School Social Worker, School nurse and Administrators to identify the mental health needs of students.
· Creates individualized treatment plans according to student needs and circumstances.
· Meets with student caseload regularly to provide counseling, treatment and adjust treatment plans as necessary.
· Conducts ongoing assessments of student progress in coordination with Seton administration, staff and family.
· Provide counseling activities including but not limited to: enhancing coping skills, providing family functioning interventions, promoting communication and social interaction, school accountability and improved attendance; parenting education, substance abuse education and/or treatment, mental health counseling,
· Develop staff in-service training programs in consultation with the Director of Student Support Services, Program Coordinator and School Social Worker.
· Provide transparent and proactive communication to the Director of Student Support Services and Principal/Assistant Principal.
· Participate in special education assessment meetings as well as Individual Educational
Planning Meetings and consulting for the Intervention Assistance Team as needed.
License and Experience
· Completion of an accredited program with certification and licensure as a Licensed Independent Social Worker (LISW) or Licensed Professional Clinical Counselor (LPCC)
· At least two years of full-time experience working with students in need of mental health services.
If interested, please send your resume to Carly Lambert, HR Manager, at email@example.com.
Seton High School is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate against any person on the grounds of race, color, religion, national origin or ancestry, age, sex, marital status, or disability (if otherwise qualified); or any other status protected under federal, state, or local law; nor shall Seton High School suffer such discrimination by its agents in the conduct of its affairs.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org