Bridgetown Middle School
OAK HILLS LOCAL SCHOOL DISTRICT JOB DESCRIPTION
JOB TITLE: TEACHER
REPORTS TO: Assigned administrator/supervisor
JOB OBJECTIVE: Plans, implements and assesses student learning experiences.
TERMS OF EMPLOYMENT: Teacher calendar. Salary as per teacher salary schedule.
*Valid state department of education license/certificate as determined at the time of appointment.
*Adheres to the Licensure Code of Professional Conduct for Ohio Educators.
*Anticipates time constraints. Manages tasks efficiently to meet deadlines.
*Complies with drug-free workplace rules, board policies and administrative guidelines/procedures.
*Embodies high ethical standards/integrity. Accepts personal responsibility for decisions/conduct.
*Exhibits consistent, impartial and resourceful decision-making skills. Interprets information accurately. Evaluates options thoroughly. Develops reasonable solutions to resolve issues.
*Maintains a record free of criminal violations that would prohibit public school employment.
Teaches assigned classes/subject matters as scheduled. Plans/implements lesson plans aligned with state standards/district curriculum goals.
· Communicates program objectives/performance expectations to students/parents and staff.
· Maintains a thorough understanding of subject matter and pedagogy. Organizes subject content and learning goals. Prepares instructional materials. Arranges the classroom for instruction.
· Uses a variety of assessments to evaluate learning styles and academic needs of students.
· Develops educational experiences and varies instructional techniques to effectively engage and advance student learning. Sustains educational environments that promote high levels of student learning/achievement. Actively collaborates with staff. Shares effective instructional strategies.
· Uses formal and informal assessment strategies to manage student learning and monitor progress.
· Collaborates with staff to identify/resolve problems that impede student learning. Helps ensure assessment procedures support non-biased planning activities.
· Follows district protocols to safeguard student information shared with staff and/or referral sources.
· Provides opportunities for all students to participate in an inclusive educational environment.
· Advocates for students. Observes student demeanor. Investigates/reports atypical behavior.
· Helps students better understand themselves, make appropriate choices and grow academically. Promotes cultural awareness, self-reliance, problem-solving, critical-thinking and creativity skills.
· Facilitates student learning activities that encourage teamwork and positive peer relationships.
· Evaluates student achievement/performance. Prepares progress reports.
· Proctors state/district testing activities as directed. Upholds mandated security procedures.
· Requests a student evaluation when a learning need is evident. Assists with the multi-factored evaluation (MFE) process. Meets mandated paperwork time lines.
· Plans/implements student intervention strategies that produce tangible evidence-based benefits within specified time-frames. Monitors intervention efficacy to improve outcomes.
· Ensures that student lists and teaching materials are readily available for substitutes.
Exemplifies professionalism and fosters goodwill to enhance the district’s public image.
· Contributes to an effective and positive work/learning environment. Completes all assigned duties.
· Develops mutually respectful relationships with co-workers. Functions as part of a cohesive team.
· Encourages community participation in school-sponsored activities.
· Helps students understand/embrace ethical conduct and democratic values.
· Maintains a professional appearance. Wears work attire appropriate for the position.
· Maintains an acceptable attendance record and is punctual.
· Pursues the continuous advancement of academic standards.
· Respects privacy and maintains the confidentiality of privileged information.
· Strives to develop rapport and serve as a positive role model for others.
Maintains open/effective communications. Serves as an information resource.
· Actively participates in staff meetings, conferences and other required school activities.
· Prepares/maintains accurate records. Submits required paperwork on time.
· Provides prompt notification of personal delays or absences.
· Refers district policy interpretation questions to an appropriate administrator.
· Uses active listening and problem-solving techniques to resolve questions/concerns tactfully.
· Uses diplomacy/self-control when dealing with other individuals. Respects diversity.
Pursues opportunities to enhance professional performance.
· Keeps current with advances in technology associated with work assignments.
· Maintains applicable credentials. Complies with all state licensure requirements.
· Works toward mastery of individualized development/performance goals as directed.
Takes precautions to ensure safety. Helps manage/eliminate risks.
· Intervenes to prevent/stop bullying and inappropriate student behavior.
· Provides appropriate supervision. Implements effective pupil management procedures. Upholds the student conduct code. Maintains high expectations for acceptable student behavior.
· Reports suspected child abuse/neglect to civil authorities as required by law.
· Watches for situations that may indicate a problem.
Performs other specific job-related duties as directed.
· Assists with unexpected/urgent situations as needed.
· Helps implement workplace initiatives that advance district goals.
Safety is essential to job performance. Employees must exercise caution and comply with standard safety regulations and district procedures when involved in the following situations:
*Balancing, bending, climbing, crouching, kneeling, reaching, or standing.
*Exposure to adverse weather conditions and temperature extremes.
*Exposure to blood-borne pathogens and communicable diseases.
*Interacting with aggressive, disruptive and/or unruly individuals.
*Lifting, carrying and moving work-related supplies/equipment.
*Operating and/or riding in a vehicle.
*Traveling to meetings and work assignments.
Performance Evaluation: Job performance is evaluated according to policy provisions and contractual agreements adopted by the Oak Hills Local School District.
The Oak Hills Local School District is an equal opportunity employer. This job description identifies primary responsibilities and is not intended to be a complete list of all duties performed. This document is subject to change in response to student demographics, staffing, funding variables, modified operating procedures, program/curriculum changes and unforeseen events. Rev. 11/2011
To apply for this job please visit www.applitrack.com.