Warren County Career Center
Open Position: Mathematics Instructor
Location: Warren County Career Center
General Job Description:
The Mathematics Instructor will assume responsibility for the delivery of quality instruction, assessment and intervention for those students enrolled in their classes. This instructor will ensure that the highest level of learning takes place and students are able to demonstrate their knowledge in a variety of ways. The instructor will assist students to develop their ability to problem solve and behave as responsible students, citizens, and future members of the workforce.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to the following:
- Designs meaningful and sequential instruction utilizing relevant and varied instructional strategies to meet course goals
- Plans and implements lessons based on related curriculum, centered on the needs and abilities of students
- Follows prescribed curriculum using approved instructional materials and ODE content standards
- Utilizes student data to inform and design classroom instruction
- Utilizes appropriate educational technologies to support student learning
- Performs other duties as assigned
- Valid Ohio Certification/Licensure issued by the Ohio Department of Education that covers the high school grades in the following subject areas:
110094 – Integrated Mathematics 7 – 12
- Ability to teach and provide College Credit Plus courses is PREFERRED; if CCP status is not available at the time of hire, a willingness to earn CCP credentialing is desired
- Willingness to problem solve in both a team and independent environment
- Strong interpersonal, communication, organizational, and technology skills
- Adheres to the Licensure Code of Professional Conduct for Ohio Educators
- Maintains compliance with Board policies and other applicable procedures/guidelines
- Must pass a criminal background check
- Hold a valid Ohio Driver’s License
- Appropriate placement on the Certified Staff Salary Schedule to be determined by education and experience. Salary range from: $42,698 to $69,042.
- Base contract is 184 or 185 days, 7.5-hour workday. One-year contract with opportunity for renewal.
School Teachers Retirement System, Worker’s Compensation, paid sick and personal leave, partial tuition reimbursement, and tax-sheltered retirement contributions. Medical, dental, vision and life insurance are offered. Some benefits are a shared cost between the employee and the Board of Education.
Application Deadline: June 6th, 2021, at 11:30 PM or until filled
How to apply: Please apply online through the Greater Cincinnati School Application Consortium or click on the link provided. Each applicant’s resume and qualifications will be evaluated, and those deemed most qualified will be invited to participate in interviews.
Questions? Please contact: Jennifer Bailey, Director of Human Resources
Phone: 513-932-5677 ext. 5238
An Equal Opportunity Employer
The Warren County Vocational School District Board of Education does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex (including sexual orientation and transgender identity), disability, age, religion, military status, ancestry, genetic information (collectively, “Protected Classes”), or any other legally protected category, in its programs and activities, including employment opportunities.
To apply for this job please visit www.applitrack.com.