Warren County Career Center
Open Position: Fire Science Instructor
Location: Warren County Career Center
Days/hours Monday-Friday, 7:30AM-3:00PM
General Job Description:
The Fire Science Instructor will assume responsibility for the delivery of quality instruction, assessment and intervention for those students enrolled in their classes. This instructor will ensure that the highest level of learning takes place and students are able to demonstrate their knowledge in a variety of ways. The instructor will assist students in developing their ability to problem solve and behave as responsible students, citizens, and future members of the workforce.
· Valid Licensure by the Ohio Department of Education in one of the following areas:
· 172801 – Firefighter Training OR
· High School Diploma AND a minimum of 5 years of experience as a paid Firefighter/EMT (Paramedic preferred). Experience in the use of water and various chemicals in fire control; selection, care and maintenance of firefighting equipment and vehicles, including ladders, self-contained breathing apparatus, and salvage equipment and demonstrate skills in arson investigation, chemical and radiation hazard recognition. Candidate should also have experience in the delivery of Emergency Medical Services, including patient assessment, triage, along with treatment and transport of injured or ill patients.
· REQUIRED: Valid instructor’s certificate as identified by the Ohio Department of Public Safety Division of EMS for these areas:
o Fire Fighter Level II – 240 Paid Fire Fighter Program, including Live Burn instruction certification or grandfathered by the State of Ohio
o EMT or Paramedic Instructor preferred
· Associate’s or Bachelor’s degree preferred
· If current teaching license is not held, candidate must be willing and able to begin the educator licensure process including university coursework and participation in the Resident Educator Program while striving to complete the requirements to attain the appropriate license
o University coursework is scheduled to begin in the summer or fall of 2021
· Willingness to work with students and colleagues as a team member
· Strong interpersonal and communication skills
· Strong organizational and technology skills
· History of good job attendance
· Valid Ohio Driver’s License
· Must pass criminal background check
Responsibilities include but are not limited to the following:
· Designs meaningful and sequential instruction with relevant learning activities to meet career technical program goals
· Plans and implements lessons based on related curriculum, centered on the needs and abilities of students
· Provides instruction to students and prepares them to earn an industry-recognized credential before high school graduation
· Utilizes student data to inform and design classroom instruction
· Promotes the program and recruits students through a variety of activities
· Works with program advisory committee to advance program innovations, evaluate the significance of emerging technology, create opportunities for students, and ensure program standards and activities are relevant to the needs of business and industry
· Performs other duties as assigned
· If current teaching license is not held, candidate must be willing and able to complete the educator licensure process including university coursework and Resident Educator Program requirements
o University coursework is scheduled to begin in the fall of 2021
· Associate’s or Bachelor’s degree is preferred
· Adheres to the Licensure Code of Professional Conduct for Ohio Educators
· Maintains a record free of criminal violations that would prohibit public school employment. Able to successfully pass a BCI/FBI background check after job offer is made.
· Maintains compliance with Board policies and other applicable procedures/guidelines
Appropriate placement on the Certified Staff Salary Schedule to be determined by education, and experience in the business field. For School Year 2021-2022 this would be: $52,001-$70,424.Base contract is: 185 days; 7.5 hour workday. One-year contract with opportunity for renewal.
State Teachers Retirement System, Worker’s Compensation, paid sick/personal leave, partial tuition reimbursement and tax-sheltered retirement contributions. Medical, dental, vision and life insurance are offered. Some benefits are a shared cost between the employee and the Board of Education.
Application Deadline: June 2nd, 2021, Interviews to be held the week of June 14th.
How to apply:
Please apply online through the Greater Cincinnati School or through Ohio Teaching Jobs. Each applicant’s resume and
qualifications will be evaluated, and those deemed most qualified will be invited to
participate in interviews.
Jennifer Bailey, Director of Human Resources
An Equal Opportunity Employer
The Warren County Vocational School District is dedicated to providing equal employment opportunities to all people regardless of age, race, color, sex, disability, religion, national origin, ancestry, culture, sexual orientation, marital status or military status. No person shall be excluded from participation in, be denied the benefits of, or be subjected to discrimination under any educational program or activity conducted under its sponsorship
To apply for this job please visit www.applitrack.com.