Warren County Career Center
Open Position: Digital Media Arts Instructor
Location: Warren County Career Center at Springboro High School
General Job Description:
This individual will serve as the Instructor for the Career Technology Digital Media Arts program located at Springboro High School.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to the following:
· Designs meaningful and sequential instruction with relevant learning activities to meet career technical program goals
· Plans and implements lessons based on related curriculum, centered on the needs and abilities of students
· Provides instruction to students and prepares them to earn an industry-recognized credential before high school graduation
· Utilizes student data to inform and design classroom instruction
· Promotes the program and recruits students through a variety of activities
· Works with program advisory committee to advance program innovations, evaluate the significance of emerging technology, create opportunities for students, and ensure program standards and activities are relevant to the needs of business and industry
· Performs other duties as assigned
· Valid Licensure by the Ohio Department of Education in one of the following areas:
o 140200 Business Information Systems; or appropriate licensure to teach courses within Interactive Media
o High School Diploma AND a minimum of five (5) years of experience in one of the following areas of interactive media:
Multimedia Image Development
Adobe Creative Suite
Video and Sound
· If current teaching license is not held, candidate must be willing and able to complete the educator licensure process including university coursework and Resident Educator Program requirements
o University coursework is scheduled to begin in the summer or fall of 2021
· Associate’s or Bachelor’s degree is preferred
· Adheres to the Licensure Code of Professional Conduct for Ohio Educators
· Maintains a record free of criminal violations that would prohibit public school employment. Able to successfully pass a BCI/FBI background check after job offer is made.
· Maintains compliance with Board policies and other applicable procedures/guidelines
Appropriate placement on the Certified Staff Salary Schedule to be determined by education, and experience in the digital media field. For School Year 2021-2022 this would be between: $52,001-$70,424. Base contract is: 185 days; 7.5 hour workday-please note that this is based on Springboro High School calendar; therefore, this may be adjusted (supplemental contract would apply in that case). One-year contract with opportunity for renewal.
State Teachers Retirement System, Worker’s Compensation, paid sick/personal leave, partial tuition reimbursement and tax-sheltered retirement contributions. Medical, dental, vision and life insurance are offered.
Application Deadline: June 2nd, 2021
How to apply:
Please apply online through the Greater Cincinnati School or Ohio Teaching Jobs
Each applicant’s resume and qualifications will be evaluated, and those deemed most
qualified will be invited to participate in interviews.
Jennifer Bailey, Director of Human Resources
An Equal Opportunity Employer
The Warren County Vocational School District Board of Education does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex (including sexual orientation and transgender identity), disability, age, religion, military status, ancestry, genetic information (collectively, “Protected Classes”), or any other legally protected category, in its programs and activities, including employment opportunities.
To apply for this job please visit www.applitrack.com.