Oak Hills High School
OAK HILLS LOCAL SCHOOL DISTRICT JOB DESCRIPTION
JOB TITLE: ASSISTANT PRINCIPAL
REPORTS TO: Principal
JOB OBJECTIVE: Serves as an assistant to the building principal.
TERMS OF EMPLOYMENT: 260 Day Calendar. Salary as per Certified Administrative Salary Schedule.
*Valid state department of education license/certificate as determined at the time of appointment.
*Administration and curriculum/instruction skills substantiated by relevant training or experience.
*Adheres to the Licensure Code of Professional Conduct for Ohio Educators.
*Articulates a clear educational philosophy and sustainable implementation strategy.
*Complies with drug-free workplace rules, board policies and administrative guidelines/procedures.
*Demonstrates leadership skills in developing and managing people.
*Embodies high ethical standards/integrity. Accepts personal responsibility for decisions/conduct.
*Exhibits consistent, impartial and resourceful decision-making skills. Interprets information accurately. Evaluates options thoroughly. Develops reasonable solutions to resolve issues.
*Maintains a record free of criminal violations that would prohibit public school employment.
*Skills in behavioral management techniques substantiated by training/work experience.
Manages the effective delivery/advancement of assigned school programs/services.
· Actively participates as an administrative team member. Upholds board policies. Implements district guidelines/procedures. Ensures compliance with relevant local, state and federal laws.
· Addresses issues that arise during the absence of the principal.
· Serves as an adviser to building program administrators. Attends board meetings as requested.
· Contributes to the development of a comprehensive district-wide strategic plan.
· Administers academic, guidance, pupil services and student activities as assigned.
· Provides all students full access to educational opportunities. Articulates a shared vision of learning that supports continuous/measurable improvements in student achievement.
· Implements organizational practices that encourage employee commitment to change initiatives.
· Plans/implements strategies to ensure tasks are completed within required time-frames.
· Assists with the revision/distribution of student-parent and teacher handbooks.
· Helps with student enrollment/withdrawal procedures. Upholds policies regarding immunization, age, attendance, legal residence, guardianship, classification, promotion, retention, testing, etc.
· Helps develop a master schedule (e.g., staffing, courses, student services/activities, etc.).
· Provides staff leadership. Establishes an appropriate level of employee autonomy. Assumes responsibility for the results of duties delegated to staff. Evaluates employee performance.
· Helps staff understand/participate in collective goal and shared decision-making processes.
· Works with staff to develop high-quality standards-based curriculum guides/courses of study.
· Helps manage state-mandated testing programs. Maintains test security. Analyzes test results.
· Resolves problems that impede student learning. Helps staff use timely tangible assessment data to identify teaching techniques, interventions and aligned resources best suited for each student.
· Helps staff with pupil management. Prepares conduct reports/discipline recommendations.
· Coordinates parent conferences/student planning meetings as needed.
· Participates in collaborative planning of staff development/in-service training activities.
· Helps manage the board-approved budget for assigned responsibilities. Controls costs. Requisitions equipment, supplies and services. Ensures that resources are equitably apportioned and appropriate for the purposes/needs of the district. Upholds fiscal accountability standards.
· Helps staff evaluate the relevance of emerging technology and program innovations.
· Evaluates operational performance. Identifies short/long-range program needs/opportunities.
· Aligns annual budget/appropriation measure recommendations with district goals. Explores alternative funding and ways to strengthen/expand the use of community resources.
· Provides administrative direction and oversight to ensure orderly building activities (e.g., arrivals/departures, vehicle parking, use of interior/exterior common areas, etc.).
· Helps maintain essential departmental services during staff absences.
Exemplifies professionalism and fosters goodwill to enhance the district’s public image.
· Cultivates relationships that promote a strong commitment of public support for the district.
· Develops mutually respectful relationships with co-workers. Functions as part of a cohesive team.
· Helps students understand/embrace ethical conduct and democratic values.
· Maintains a professional appearance. Wears work attire appropriate for the position.
· Maintains an acceptable attendance record and is punctual.
· Provides leadership for the continuous advancement of academic standards.
· Respects privacy and maintains the confidentiality of privileged information.
· Strives to develop rapport and serve as a positive role model for others.
· Sustains an effective and positive work/learning environment. Completes all assigned duties.
Maintains open/effective communications. Serves as an information resource.
· Communicates district objectives/program performance expectations to stakeholders.
· Coordinates staff meetings, conferences and other required school activities.
· Prepares/maintains accurate records. Submits required paperwork on time.
· Provides prompt notification of personal delays or absences.
· Uses active listening and problem-solving techniques to resolve questions/concerns tactfully.
· Uses diplomacy/self-control when dealing with other individuals. Respects diversity.
Pursues opportunities to enhance professional performance.
· Keeps current with advances in technology associated with work assignments.
· Maintains applicable credentials. Complies with all state licensure requirements.
· Works toward mastery of individualized development/performance goals as directed.
Takes precautions to ensure safety. Initiates action to manage/eliminate risks.
· Helps update/implement the district’s emergency preparedness/crisis response plan.
· Intervenes to prevent/stop bullying and inappropriate student behavior.
· Reports suspected child abuse/neglect to civil authorities as required by law.
· Responds to emergencies. Serves as a liaison to emergency services (e.g., police, fire, etc.).
· Upholds the student conduct code. Maintains high expectations for acceptable student behavior.
· Watches for situations that may indicate a problem.
Performs other specific job-related duties as directed.
· Assists with unexpected/urgent situations as needed.
· Implements workplace initiatives that advance district goals.
Safety is essential to job performance. Employees must exercise caution and comply with standard safety regulations and district procedures when involved in the following situations:
*Balancing, bending, climbing, crouching, kneeling, reaching, or standing.
*Exposure to adverse weather conditions and temperature extremes.
*Exposure to blood-borne pathogens and communicable diseases.
*Interacting with aggressive, disruptive and/or unruly individuals.
*Lifting, carrying and moving work-related supplies/equipment.
*Operating and/or riding in a vehicle. Working in/near active vehicular traffic.
*Traveling to meetings and work assignments.
Performance Evaluation: Job performance is evaluated according to policy provisions and contractual agreements adopted by the Oak Hills Local School District.
The Oak Hills Local School District is an equal opportunity employer. This job description identifies primary responsibilities and is not intended to be a complete list of all duties performed. This document is subject to change in response to student demographics, staffing, funding variables, modified operating procedures, program/curriculum changes and unforeseen events. Rev. 11/2011
To apply for this job please visit www.applitrack.com.