NWLSD/Taylor and Struble Elementary Schools
Teacher Aides at the Academic Summer Enrichment Program (ASEP) are responsible for assisting teachers in providing supervision of 15-20 students over the eight-week ASEP. All the students will be in the same grade. The two goals of the program are to decrease summer learning loss and continue the work with students who are not proficient in reading or math at grade level. The Teacher Aide will report to a Lead Teacher.
Duties and Responsibilities
1. Assist Lead Teacher in supervising a class of 15-20 students.
2. Assist Lead Teacher in conducting an hour of reading and an hour of math instruction to all students each day of the program (Mondays-Thursdays).
3. Assist Lead Teacher with an afternoon program that will include Science, Technology, Engineering, Arts and Math (STEAM) activities as well as fun interactive instruction around a week-long central theme.
4. Take on leadership role in getting students to breakfast, lunch, recess, and silent reading activities.
5. Assist with field trips and other alternative programming on Fridays.
6. Help to maintain a clean, safe, and secure working environment for students.
7. Build rapport with all students, their families and ASEP staff.
Skills, Knowledge, Education and Experience
1. Experience in a classroom environment at a public or private school district or direct experience in tutoring within an organization. Alternate experience: current enrollment in an education degree program at a recognized institution of higher education.
2. Must have a valid Ohio Background Check.
3. Must have a high school diploma. Bachelor’s Degree preferred.
1. Pay rate is $15 per hour for 30 hours per week. Schedule will be M-F 8:30-2:30 or 9-3. There are eight weeks in the program. July 5 will be a paid holiday day off. Pay dates are June 15, June 30, July 15 and July 30.
2. All classroom materials needed for ASEP are covered by the program. Permission is required before spending money. Receipts are needed for all purchases.
3. All Teacher Aides will need to complete an Envision Children application, provide a valid background check and complete payroll paperwork. Teacher Aides are considered part-time workers and will be issued a W-2 at the end of the year.
To apply, send resume, cover letter and references to Debbie Lower, Director of Operations, at firstname.lastname@example.org
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com