NWLSD/Taylor and Struble Elementary Schools
Teachers at the Academic Summer Enrichment Program (ASEP) are responsible for providing overall supervision of 15-20 students over the eight-week ASEP. All the students will be in the same grade. Teachers are also responsible for supervising 1-3 teacher aides in their classroom. The two goals of the program are to decrease summer learning loss and continue the work with students who are not proficient in reading or math at grade level. The Lead Teacher will report to the ASEP Building Co-Director.
Duties and Responsibilities
1. Supervise a class of 15-20 students.
2. Help lead an hour of reading and an hour of math instruction to all students each day of the program (Mondays-Thursdays). Create weekly plans to work with students as a whole and in small groups.
3. Lead an afternoon program that will include Science, Technology, Engineering, Arts and Math (STEAM) activities as well as fun interactive instruction around a week-long central theme.
4. Help direct aides to assure students get breakfast, lunch, recess, and silent reading activities.
5. Administer appropriate assessments for students (assessments will be provided).
6. Assist with field trips and other alternative programming on Fridays.
7. Maintain a summary of the progress of each student throughout the ASEP.
8. Monitor supplies needed for your classroom.
9. Maintain a clean, safe, and secure working environment for students.
10. Build rapport with all students, their families and ASEP staff.
Skills, Knowledge, Education and Experience
1. Teachers must be certified and licensed in Ohio with a PreK-3, K-4, K-5, K-8, K-12 or equivalent license.
2. Must have a valid Ohio Background Check.
3. Teachers should have a bachelor’s and/or master’s degree in Education.
4. Preference is given to teachers who have 3-5 years or more teaching experience.
1. Pay rate is $25 per hour. Regular Hours are 35 hours per week M-F, 9 a.m. – 3 p.m.; M-F 30 min classroom prep time 8:30-9 a.m.; 2.5 hours additional paid prep time. The program is eight weeks in duration. July 5 will be a paid holiday day off. Pay dates are June 15, June 30, July 15 and July 30.
2. All classroom materials needed for ASEP are covered by the program. Permission is required before spending money. Receipts are needed for all purchases.
3. All Lead Teachers will need to complete an Envision Children application, provide a valid background check and complete payroll paperwork. Teachers are considered part-time workers and will be issued a W-2 at the end of the year.
Send Resume, Cover letter, and references to Debbie Lower, Director of Operations, at firstname.lastname@example.org.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com