JOB TITLE: Computer Technician
FLSA STATUS: Non-exempt
EMPLOYMENT STATUS: Full-time, Part-time
REPORTS TO: Director of Technology
POSITION DESCRIPTION: Under the direction of the Director of Technology, the Computer Technician works to provide technology solutions that ensure the districts’ computer hardware are performing at their highest levels & ensuring that users are working in a reliable and productive K-12 environment. The Computer Technician specializes in hardware and software systems with the overall goal of maintaining high quality networks and systems at assigned location(s).
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS: To be qualified for this position, applicants must be 18 years of age or older and possess:
· High School Diploma or Equivalent;
· Proven experience as computer technician or similar role;
· A+ Certification preferred or other applicable Industry certifications preferred, but equivalent proven experience will be honored through transcripts, or references;
· Thorough knowledge of Windows IT systems & infrastructure;
· Knowledge of best practices in internet security and data privacy principles;
· Hardware and software troubleshooting skills;
· Ability to provide appropriate references;
· Ability to maintain a high degree of confidentiality;
· Willingness and ability to work as a team member and with the public;
· Ability to exercise independent judgment;
· Demonstrates effective & efficient problem-solving skills, critical thinking skills, analytical skills, oral and written communication abilities, organizational skills, time management and prioritization skills;
· Valid driver’s license and/or provide own transportation;
· History of strong work record, including good job attendance;
· Documented evidence of participation in mandatory annual trainings (i.e. SafeSchools); and
· State and Federal Background checks free of infractions as required by Ohio law and Board Policy.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS OF THE POSITION:
The information contained in this job description is for compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act and is not an exhaustive list of the duties performed for this position. An individual employed by the Clermont County Educational Service Center in this job is expected to perform the following essential functions and duties, however, this list is not exhaustive, and the employee is required to perform any other duties assigned.
· Setup of hardware and software as it relates to the K-12 environment;
· Maintain and repair technological equipment;
· Troubleshoot hardware and software problems;
· Resolve problem based helpdesk tickets in a timely fashion based upon the district’s needs and priorities;
· Troubleshoot system failures and bugs to restore functionality;
· Take guidance and work with the Director/Coordinator of Technology to prioritize helpdesk issues and repairs;
· Perform regular upgrades on hardware and or software when needed;
· Provide technical support on-site to staff and students to ensure district goals or initiatives are being met in the classroom;
· Assist in reducing downtime due to times of year that IT demands increase;
· Resolves malware/spyware and/or virus outbreaks on local devices;
· Communicates effectively to staff members and/or Supervisor;
· Adapts quickly to changing circumstances of the IT environment;
Be able to manage project tasks effectively and report progress back to onsite Director effectively;
Must be able to resolve multiple helpdesk tickets in a timely manner while following up with users to gather needed information to resolve tickets;
· Attend in-service programs or workshops related to maintenance of position;
· Operate office machines, technology and equipment appropriate to the position;
Maintain high standards of ethics, honesty and integrity in all matters;
Comply with all Board Policies and Administrative Guidelines;
Arrive on time to work each regular work day;
Be in attendance every regular work day, excluding long-term illnesses, medical leaves, and other unique circumstances;
Maintain strict confidentiality regarding all district, personnel and student information;
Be able to be adaptable and flexible with changes, updates, processes, and procedures; and
Perform other tasks, consistent with the position, as may be assigned by Superintendent and/or designee.
OTHER DUTIES AND FUNCTIONS:
Serve as a role model for students in how to conduct themselves as citizens and as responsible, contributing members of society.
Help instill in students the belief in and practice of ethical principles and democratic values.
Respond to routine questions and requests in an appropriate manner.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES:
Knowledge of: IT systems, internet security, data privacy, public education, board policies and procedures, building policies and procedures, staff handbook, Licensure Code of Professional Conduct for Ohio Educators, appropriate school law, and requirements of the Ohio Department of Education.
Ability to: Interpret policies, procedures and regulations; follow instructions; communicate effectively; plan; schedule; organize; operate office equipment and other related technologies; move/lift moderate amounts of weight up to 50 pounds, and maintain equipment.
Skill in: Basic math; English and communications; use of computer and appropriate software applications (Microsoft Office or equivalent), printer, and other customary equipment.
Computer and/or tablet, printer, scanner, filing cabinets, telephone, copier, fax machine, laminator, shredder, calculator, smart board, some hands tools and other related equipment.
PHYSICAL AND COGNITIVE DEMANDS:
Occasional: Climbing, balancing, stooping, kneeling, reaching above shoulders, crouching/squatting, and moving/lifting amounts of weight up to 50 lbs.
Frequent: Standing, sitting, walking, bending, twisting/turning, and typing/keyboarding.
Continuous: Reading, writing, math, problem solving, concentration, attention to task, task completion, memory, hearing, seeing, regulating emotions, organizing/planning and following directions.
WORK ENVIRONMENT AND CONDITIONS:
Occasional: Exposure to fumes/airborne particles, inclement weather driving conditions; loud noise, unruly children, blood borne pathogens, contagious diseases, bodily fluids and tissue.
Employees are required to follow all district safety rules and procedures, and participate in school safety training when requested.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job.
The employee shall remain free of any alcohol or non-prescribed controlled substance in the workplace throughout his/her employment in the Center.
Staff shall be evaluated in accordance with Board Policy.
To apply for this job please visit www.applitrack.com.