Springer School and Center
The primary responsibility of the Accounting Assistant is to support the organization and business office through accurate and timely fulfillment of job goals.
The Accounting Assistant, like all Springer employees, embraces the organization’s mission of empowering students with learning disabilities to lead successful lives. Each employee remains committed to Springer’s core values and works every day to contribute to the betterment of the community.
1. Manage accounts payable process including processing, filing, organizing and prompt payment of invoices.
2. Manage supplies inventory for school staff including management of credit card process and budget reporting responsibilities.
3. Journal entries and account reconciliations; assist the Business Director in posting monthly journal entries and reconciling various balance sheet and operating accounts.
4. Set up and maintain student billing on tuition payment system. Account for those payments received; maintain enrollment ledger showing all charges/credits and reconcile balance to system monthly. Support parent questions and assist with set up of accounts.
– Bachelor’s degree in accounting or 5+ years of accounting experience.
– Experience with student billing and contract systems.
– Account reconciliation and accounting software experience.
– Accounts payable processing experience.
Terms of Employment
Full-time, 12 months per year
Anticipated start date: Summer 2022
About our Organization
Springer School and Center is a caring community dedicated to supporting students diagnosed with learning disabilities and their families. Springer encompasses a School serving students in Grades 1-8 as well as a Center for providing education about learning disabilities to members of the broader community. Springer faculty and staff embrace the organization’s mission and incorporate the core values of student growth/development, staff expertise/development, partnership, communication and stability in their daily work.
How to Apply
Qualified applicants should email a resume, cover letter and employment application (found on the Springer employment page) to Business Director Mark Priest at email@example.com. The subject line of that email should reflect the position title.
Springer School and Center considers all applicants for all positions without regard to race, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, marital or veteran status, or any other legally protected status.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org