Springer School and Center
Title: Middle School Math/Reading Teacher
Anticipated start date: August 1, 2022
About our Organization
Springer School and Center is a caring community dedicated to supporting students diagnosed with learning disabilities and their families. Springer encompasses a school serving students in Grades 1-8 as well as a center for providing education about learning disabilities to members of the broader community. Springer faculty and staff embrace the organization’s mission and incorporating the core values of student growth/development, staff expertise/development, partnership, communication and stability in their daily work.
Springer faculty members are responsible for leading the growth and development of Springer students. Faculty members plan, execute and differentiate instruction so that students learn content as well as learning strategies. Typically in classrooms of 15 students or less Middle School faculty members lead large and small group instruction for students in Grades 6-8 and are supported by an Instructional Assistant. Faculty members collaborate with members of their respective teams, supporting therapists, staff, and the administrators to consistently make decisions in the best interests of students.
• Design, implement, and assess high-quality differentiated instruction for students.
• Establish a thorough understanding of each child’s strengths and needs.
• Foster and maintain a safe and accepting learning environment.
• Develop meaningful relationships with students, families, and colleagues.
• Embrace a team approach to supporting student learning.
• Contribute to the health and wellbeing of the broader Springer community.
• Bachelor’s degree or Master’s degree in Special Education.
• Active Intervention Specialist teaching license.
• Three or more years teaching students diagnosed with learning disabilities.
• Demonstrated subject-area expertise.
• Experience incorporating educational technology in a classroom setting.
Terms of Employment: Full-time, 10 months per year (school year).
How to Apply
Qualified applicants should email a resume, cover letter and employment application (found on the Springer employment page) to Dean of Academics Dr. Diane Houghton at firstname.lastname@example.org. The subject line of that email should reflect the position title.
Springer School and Center considers all applicants for all positions without regard to race, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, marital or veteran status, or any other legally protected status.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com