Springer School and Center
Title: Middle School Director
Anticipated start date: July 1, 2023
About our Organization
Springer School and Center is a wonderful community dedicated to supporting students diagnosed with learning disabilities and their families. Encompassing both a day school and a center for educating parents and professionals, Springer is a caring, fast-paced workplace located in Cincinnati’s Hyde Park neighborhood.
The Middle School Director is responsible for the day-to-day operations and management of the middle school. Reporting to the Dean of Academics this leader will establish trusting relationships with students, parents, teachers, administrators and staff while developing and refining processes that match the unique needs of Springer. The Middle School Director will work collaboratively with the Lower School Director and other members of the administrative team in determining and executing best practices that support Springer students and their families.
· Foster, develop and maintain a positive school culture that will be felt, heard and experienced throughout the entire school community.
· Oversee the day-to-day management of the middle school including addressing student behaviors, communicating with families, and supporting and evaluating faculty.
· Coordinate with administrators on school-wide needs such as developing the master schedule, maintaining program fidelity and recruiting staff.
· Master’s degree in School Administration, Special Education or a related area.
· Demonstrated experience creating a positive school culture.
· Proficiency managing and using data to guide decisions for student programs.
· Excellent communication, leadership, organization and problem-solving skills.
· Embraces multi-cultural thinking and has an appreciation of diverse perspectives.
Additional Preferred Qualifications
· Independent school teaching experience.
· Independent or public school leadership experience.
· Experience working with students diagnosed with learning disabilities.
· Experience utilizing technology to support student learning.
Key Characteristics: Intelligent, responsive, level-headed, flexible and compassionate.
How to Apply: Qualified applicants should email a resume, cover letter and employment application (found on the Springer employment page) to Dean of Academics Diane Houghton at firstname.lastname@example.org. The subject line of that email should reflect the position title.
Springer School and Center considers all applicants for all positions without regard to race, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, marital or veteran status, or any other legally protected status.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com