Springer School and Center
Position Vacancy Announcement
Title: Intervention Specialist
Anticipated start date: August 1, 2023
About our Organization
Springer School and Center is a wonderful community dedicated to supporting students diagnosed with learning disabilities and their families. Encompassing both a day school and a center for educating parents and professionals, Springer is a caring, fast-paced workplace located in Cincinnati’s Hyde Park neighborhood.
Lower School Teachers are responsible for leading the growth and development of Springer students. Teachers are responsible for planning, executing, and differentiating instruction on a daily basis. Typically in classrooms of 12 students or less Teachers are supported by an Instructional Assistant and lead large and small group instruction. Teachers collaborate with members of their respective teams, supporting therapists, staff, and the School’s leadership to consistently make decisions in the best interests of students.
· Design, implement, and assess high-quality differentiated instruction for students.
· Establish a thorough understanding of each child’s strengths and needs.
· Foster and maintain a safe and accepting learning environment.
· Develop meaningful relationships with students, families, and colleagues.
· Embrace a team approach to supporting student learning.
· Contribute to the health and wellbeing of the broader Springer community.
· Bachelor’s degree or Master’s degree in Special Education.
· Active Intervention Specialist teaching license.
· Three or more years teaching students diagnosed with learning disabilities.
· Demonstrated subject-area expertise.
· Experience incorporating educational technology in a classroom setting.
Key Characteristics: Smart, dependable, personable and tech-savvy.
Terms of Employment: Full-time, 10 months per year (school year).
How to Apply
Qualified applicants should email a resume, cover letter and employment application (found on the Springer employment page) to Diane Houghton firstname.lastname@example.org. The subject line of that email should reflect the position title.
Springer School and Center considers all applicants for all positions without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, marital or veteran status, or any other legally protected status.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com