Springer School and Center
Title: Assistant Director, 9th Grade Program
Anticipated start date: July 1, 2023 or before
About our Organization
Springer School and Center is a wonderful community dedicated to supporting students diagnosed with learning disabilities and their families. Encompassing both a day school and a center for educating parents and professionals, Springer is a caring, fast-paced workplace located in Cincinnati’s Hyde Park neighborhood.
9th Grade Program
For nearly a year Springer has been engaged in a study to determine whether opening a high school would serve the needs of the community. As part of that study Springer recently announced that Springer will enroll 9th grade students for the 2023-24 school year. To support this growth Springer seeks an aspiring leader to help build what is expected to be a groundbreaking program in our city. Building on a strong foundation of the needs of students with dyslexia, ADHD and challenges of executive functioning Springer needs people who are experienced, creative and driven. Learn more about our program at https://www.springer-ld.org/springer-ninth-grade/.
Springer seeks an Assistant Director of 9th Grade who will help develop, drive and support a variety of academic and extracurricular programming related to the development of a full high school program. The Assistant Director must be experienced, creative and driven to develop a best-in-class programs designed specifically for students with learning disabilities such as dyslexia, ADHD and executive functioning challenges.
· Design, plan, coordinate and deliver programming specifically designed for Springer students (i.e. academic programming, clubs, activities and extracurricular activities).
· Support teachers in the ongoing development of a best-in-class programs.
· Develop meaningful relationships with students, families, and colleagues.
· Embrace a team approach to supporting student growth.
· Contribute to the health and wellbeing of the broader Springer community.
· Experience working directly with students diagnosed with learning disabilities.
· Experience contributing to the development of a positive school culture.
· The proven ability to build and maintain strong relationships with students and families.
· A coaching/counseling mindset.
· A positive outlook on problem-solving.
· The proven ability to hold others accountable.
Additional Preferred Qualifications
· Experience developing academic and extracurricular programming.
· Experience as an independent school teacher or administrator.
· Experience as a coach/mentor of teachers.
· A background in curriculum design, college & career planning, designing elective offerings and/or technology implementation.
Key Characteristics: Smart, professional, dependable, adaptable and detail-oriented.
How to Apply: Qualified applicants should email a resume, cover letter and employment application (found on the Springer employment page) to Senior Director of Special Projects Tara Willig at firstname.lastname@example.org. The subject line of that email should reflect the position title.
Springer School and Center considers all applicants for all positions without regard to race, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, marital or veteran status, or any other legally protected status.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com