Springer School and Center
Title: 9th Grade Intervention Specialist (PT/FT)
Anticipated start date: August 1, 2023
About our Organization
Springer School and Center is a wonderful community dedicated to supporting students diagnosed with learning disabilities and their families. Encompassing both a day school and a center for educating parents and professionals, Springer is a caring, fast-paced workplace located in Cincinnati’s Hyde Park neighborhood.
9th Grade Program
For nearly a year Springer has been engaged in a study to determine whether opening a high school would serve the needs of the community. As part of that study Springer recently announced that Springer will enroll 9th grade students for the 2023-24 school year. To support this growth Springer seeks educators interested in being founding teachers as part of what is expected to be a groundbreaking program in our city. Building on a strong foundation of the needs of students with dyslexia, ADHD and challenges of executive functioning Springer seeks talented educators who are passionate, creative and driven. Part-time and full-time candidates will be considered based on expertise. Learn more about our program at https://www.springer-ld.org/springer-ninth-grade/.
Springer seeks one or more Intervention Specialists with expertise delivering specially designed instruction a one or more content areas such as reading, writing and mathematics. Intervention Specialists will be ultimately responsible for leading the academic and personal growth of Springer students. Each is responsible for planning, executing, and differentiating instruction on a daily basis. Small groups are expected to be 13 students or less.
· Establish a thorough understanding of each child’s strengths and needs.
· Design and deliver high-quality differentiated instruction based on the individualized needs of each student.
· Foster and maintain a safe and accepting learning environment.
· Develop meaningful relationships with students, families, and colleagues.
· Embrace a team approach to supporting student growth.
· Contribute to the health and wellbeing of the broader Springer community.
· Active Ohio Intervention Specialist teaching license.
· Experience utilizing research-based interventions and progress monitoring for effectiveness.
· A meaningful understanding of the strengths and needs of students diagnosed with learning disabilities.
· The ability to build and maintain strong relationships with students and families.
· Experience leading instruction in a variety of subject areas.
· Content area knowledge, experience designing lessons utilizing technology and strong classroom management skills.
· The passion to create a positive school culture.
Key Characteristics: Smart, professional, dependable, adaptable and student-centered.
How to Apply: Qualified applicants should email a resume, cover letter and employment application (found on the Springer employment page) to Senior Director of Special Projects Tara Willig at firstname.lastname@example.org. The subject line of that email should reflect the position title.
Springer School and Center considers all applicants for all positions without regard to race, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, marital or veteran status, or any other legally protected status.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com