Springer School and Center
Title: Middle School Assistant
Anticipated start date: August 1, 2022
Reporting to the Middle School Director the Middle School Assistant supports the smooth daily operation of the Middle School including but not limited to:
· Addressing student behaviors; leading and supporting livestreaming for students, faculty and instructional assistants; covering classroom needs and coordinating duty coverages.
· Posting and updating meeting agendas; taking meeting minutes; preparing notifications for faculty, staff and families; scheduling conferences; tracking and preparing documents.
· Supporting transitions for new faculty, staff and students; providing support, guidance and mentorship for Instructional Assistants
· Managing and ordering supplies and equipment; decorating common spaces
· Experience working directly with students in a school setting.
· Demonstrated experience solving problems with tact and diplomacy.
· Passionate about supporting people.
· Embraces multi-cultural thinking and appreciates diverse perspectives.
Additional Preferred Qualifications
· Prior work experience at Springer School and Center.
· Experience teaching or supporting students diagnosed with learning disabilities.
· Experience incorporating educational technology in a classroom setting.
· College degree in Education or Special Education.
Key Characteristics: Smart, dependable, diplomatic, solutions-minded and tech-savvy.
Terms of Employment: Full-time, 10 months per year (school year).
About our Organization
Springer School and Center is a wonderful community dedicated to supporting students diagnosed with learning disabilities and their families. Encompassing both a day school and a center for educating parents and professionals, Springer is a caring, fast-paced workplace located in Cincinnati’s Hyde Park neighborhood. Learn more about Springer by visiting www.Springer-LD.org. Connect on social media at facebook.com/SpringerLD, twitter: SpringerLD, and Instagram/SpringerLD.
How to Apply
Qualified applicants should email a cover letter, resume and employment application (found on the Springer employment page) to Middle School Director Kristy Ilg, firstname.lastname@example.org. The subject line should read “Middle School Assistant”. Resume review will begin immediately.
Springer School and Center considers all applicants for all positions without regard to race, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, marital or veteran status, or any other legally protected status.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com