Private / Independent School
Position opening for the 2023-24 School Year
Instructional Assistants are paired with a classroom teacher to support students in the Lower School or in the Middle School. Instructional Assistants support student academic, social, and emotional growth as determined by the classroom teacher, department, team and/or organization. Instructional Assistants, like all Springer employees,
embrace the organization’s mission of empowering students with learning disabilities to lead successful lives.
Each employee remains commited to Springer’s core values and works every day to contribute to the betterment of the community.
1. Develop meaningful relationships with students.
2. Run small group and whole group instructional sessions as determined by the classroom teacher.
3. Support student needs as determined by the classroom teacher.
4. Complete administrative tasks as determined by the classroom teacher such as grading papers, preparing classroom materials and entering data in the student database.
– Bachelor’s degree.
– Experience working with children.
– Passion for working with small groups with students.
– Embraces multi-cultural thinking and appreciates diverse perspectives.
Additional Preferred Qualifications
– Bachelor’s degree or Master’s degree in Special Education.
– Active Intervention Specialist teaching license.
– Experience teaching students diagnosed with learning disabilities.
– Experience incorporating educational technology in a classroom setting.
– Coaching experience.
Key Characteristics: Smart, dependable, personable and tech-savvy.
Terms of Employment: Full-time, 10 months per year (school year).
How to Apply
Qualified applicants should email a resume, cover letter and employment application (found on the Springer employment page) to email@example.com. The subject line of that email should reflect the position title.
Springer School and Center considers all applicants for all positions without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, marital or veteran status, or any other legally protected status.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org