Springer School and Center
Position Title: Counselor
Start Date: August 2, 2021 or soon thereafter
About our Organization
Springer School and Center is a caring community dedicated to supporting students diagnosed with learning disabilities and their families. Springer encompasses a school serving students in Grades 1-8 as well as a center for providing education about learning disabilities to members of the broader community. Springer faculty and staff embrace the organization’s mission and incorporate the core values of student growth/development, staff expertise/development, partnership, communication and stability in their daily work.
Springer’s Counselor evaluates and treats students whose academic progress is impacted by diagnoses such as anxiety, depression, low self-esteem, inattention and impulsiveness. The Counselor serves students in individual, small group or classroom settings depending on the needs of each student. The Counselor works closely with parents, staff and outside therapists to design treatment plans to be implemented during the school day. The Counselor is a member of a highly-trained cross-functional team that supports student growth and development. The Counselor also leads and supports ongoing programming that contributes to a well-rounded student experience at Springer.
· Provide individual evaluations of student needs.
· Provide individual and/or group therapy for students.
· Collaborate with parents, staff and outside therapists regarding the development of each student.
· Lead, support and contribute to student life and activities.
· Provide crisis intervention as needed.
· Contribute to the health and wellbeing of the broader Springer community.
· Master’s degree in Counseling, Social Work or a related field.
· Three or more years providing therapy directly to elementary and middle school aged students diagnosed with anxiety, depression, low self-esteem, inattention and/or impulsiveness.
· Demonstrated experience remaining at the forefront of the counseling field.
Terms of Employment: Full-time faculty member, 10 months per year (school year).
How to Apply
Qualified applicants should email a resume, cover letter and employment application (found on the Springer employment page) to Executive Director Brett Marcoux at email@example.com. The subject line of that email should reflect the position title. Due to the traditionally high volume of applications only those candidates invited to participate in interviews will be contacted. Developing a diverse, equitable and inclusive community is essential to serving Springer’s mission. Therefore, applications from members of all underrepresented groups are highly encouraged.
Springer School and Center considers all applicants for all positions without regard to race, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, marital or veteran status, or any other legally protected status.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org