Springer School and Center
October 2021 through February 2022
About our Organization
Springer School and Center is a caring community dedicated to supporting students diagnosed with learning disabilities and their families. Springer encompasses a school serving students in Grades 1-8 as well as a center for providing education about learning disabilities to members of the broader community. Springer faculty and staff embrace the organization’s mission and incorporate the core values of student growth/development, staff expertise/development, partnership, communication and stability in their daily work.
This Long Term Substitute Teacher will be responsible for leading the growth and development of Springer 4th and 5th grade students. The Teacher will lead, plan and coordinate large group and small group instruction in classrooms of 12 students or less. Classroom Teachers at Springer are supported by an Instructional Assistant who supports the Teacher throughout the day. Teachers collaborate with members of their team as well as with therapists, staff, and the School’s leadership team to make decisions in the best interests of students. The start date is negotiable and will incorporate 3-4 weeks of transition time to get to know our students and learn Springer’s program and systems.
· Design, implement, and assess high-quality differentiated instruction for students.
· Establish a thorough understanding of each child’s strengths and needs.
· Foster and maintain a safe and accepting learning environment.
· Develop meaningful relationships with students, families, and colleagues.
· Embrace a team approach to supporting student learning.
· Contribute to the health and wellbeing of the broader Springer community.
· Bachelor’s degree in education or a related field.
· Experience as a lead classroom teacher.
· Demonstrated subject-area expertise.
· Experience incorporating educational technology in a classroom setting.
· Master’s degree in Special Education.
· Three or more years teaching students diagnosed with learning disabilities.
· Active Intervention Specialist teaching license.
Key Characteristics: Smart, dependable, personable and tech-savvy.
Terms of Employment: Fixed term October 2021 through February 2022
How to Apply
Qualified applicants should email a resume, cover letter and employment application (found on the Springer employment page) to Curriculum Director Diane Houghton at firstname.lastname@example.org. The subject line of that email should reflect the position title.
Springer School and Center considers all applicants for all positions without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, marital or veteran status, or any other legally protected status.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com