Springer School and Center
Title: Adventures in Summer Learning Classroom Teacher
Dates: A required orientation and training will take place June 7th-June 11th from 9:00-3:00. The learning program runs June 14-July 9 (July 5th is observed for the 4th). The time commitment is from 7:30-12:40 each day.
About our Organization
Springer School and Center is a caring community dedicated to supporting students diagnosed with learning disabilities and their families. Springer encompasses a school serving students in Grades 1-8 as well as a center for providing education about learning disabilities to members of the broader community. Springer faculty and staff embrace the organization’s mission and incorporating the core values of student growth/development, staff expertise/development, partnership, communication, and stability in their daily work.
As a part of our ongoing mission, Springer offers summer programs in the areas of language arts, mathematics, and team building/collaborative learning exercises for students entering 1st-6th grades, as well as targeted programs in writing and mathematics for students entering 7th and 8th grades. The 2021 Adventures in Summer Learning program will take place from June 14th-July 9th (Closed July 5th in observance of Independence Day).
· Plan, execute, and differentiate instruction to help students develop learning strategies consistent with evidenced-based instructional approaches.
· Duty responsibilities for snack time, arrival, recess, and dismissal.
· Parent conferencing with parents/caregivers.
· Collaborative generation a report of each child’s strengths and needs.
· Foster and maintain a safe and accepting learning environment.
· Develop meaningful relationships with students, families, and colleagues.
· Embrace a team approach to supporting student learning.
· Contribute to the health and wellbeing of the broader Springer community.
Expertise with specialized education.
Experience presenting to adults.
Prior management experience.
Proof of BCI FBI.
· Active Intervention Specialist teaching license.
· Three or more years teaching students diagnosed with learning disabilities.
· Demonstrated primary-area expertise.
· Experience incorporating educational technology in a classroom setting.
Terms of Employment: Short-term contract, June 7- July 9, 2021.
How to Apply
Qualified applicants should email a resume, cover letter and employment application (found on the Springer employment page) to Carmen Mendoza at email@example.com. The subject line of that email should reflect the position title.
Springer School and Center considers all applicants for all positions without regard to race, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, marital or veteran status, or any other legally protected status.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org