Cincinnati-Hamilton County Community Action Agency
Performs manual labor that addresses the maintenance needs of all C-HCCAA facilities to ensure the desired education and community service environment in accordance with Head Start Performance Standards, federal, state, and local laws and regulations, and CAA policies.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
Under General Supervision:
1. Performs regular and routine maintenance tasks to support the operations of C-HCCAA facilities.
2. Detects records and reports defective items or questionable conditions to Facility Manager.
3. Maintains the work area and equipment in a clean and orderly condition and follows prescribed safety regulations.
4. Performs prescribed preventative maintenance and routine service on tools, the building, or grounds as required.
5. Performs heavy manual labor.
6. Operates tools and equipment in a safe and efficient manner.
7. Assists with coordinating and managing and facilitating set-up and break down of events.
8. Managing active events by working directly with client. Overseeing janitorial and security staff throughout such events.
9. Establishes and maintains effective working relationships with employees, vendors, and contractors.
10. Exercises flexibility in work schedule, which requires varying shifts, weekends and limited holidays.
11. Performs other duties as assigned.
This is a list of primary job functions. Other duties may be assigned
as necessary for the successful operation of the organization.
QUALIFICATIONS AND REQUIREMENTS
The incumbent must have:
1. A High School diploma, GED, or technical school education.
2. Ten (10) years of facilities maintenance experience.
3. Demonstrated high level and experience in at least one (1) major construction discipline.
4. Demonstrated knowledge of, and ability to operate tools, materials, methods and practices used in facilities maintenance.
5. Ability to prioritize work assignments.
6. Ability to effectively oversee, manage and support contract work being performed by outside contractors.
7. Ability to perform carpentry, plumbing, masonry, electrical, machine repair, building layout, painting, and janitorial duties and be able to use hand and power tools common to each discipline.
8. Knowledge of navigation and manipulation energy management HVAC systems.
9. Ability work with a diverse population, including low to moderate-income families.
10. Ability to be exposed to normal office and shop environments, with dust, odors, and noise.
11. A valid driver’s license.
12. Proven ability to practice occupational hazards and safety precautions.
13. Proficient computer experience in Microsoft Office applications.
To apply for this job please visit www.cincy-caa.org.