Position Title: Teacher (38 weeks)
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
Division: Head Start
Pay Grade: 7
Work Hours: 80 bi-weekly
Work Location: LLC
Provides all Head Start Development services to ensure compliance with Head Start Performance Standards, federal, state, and local laws and regulations, and CAA policies.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
Under General Supervision:
1. Plans and implements daily developmental learning models for pre-school age children, which provides for cultural and social economic backgrounds, emotional or physical disabilities and individual style and pace of learning.
2. Maintains a physical environment that is conducive to promoting optimal growth and development
Via positive social interaction of pre-school children, including eating with children.
3. Develops and implements IEP’s for all children, including those with diagnosed disabilities.
4. Implements developmentally appropriate reading programs and programs which promote healthy, accepting attitudes regarding children’s bodies and their functions.
5. Develops and implements developmentally appropriate instructional programs to encourage parental involvement and a knowledge base regarding their child’s bodies and their functions.
6. Coordinates with Family Service Worker, ADA, and child abuse program requirements, and schedules and documents parent-teacher conferences and home visits.
7. Maintains environmental, and evaluates developmental, progress and maintains records for each child, including progress and immunization status.
8. Provides advice and support to teacher assistants and parent participants.
9. Actively participates in staff meetings, training sessions, conferences, workshops and other career development and professional activities.
10. Recruits and registers children as required by Head Start Performance Standards.
11. Conducts daily observations and health checks.
12. Eats with children to promote pro-social behavior.
13. Participates in transition process for children and families.
14. Provides developmental services with high quality service and confidentiality for the Head Start children and families.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of the work being performed by staff assigned to this job classification. This is not an exhaustive list of all duties and responsibilities. Additionally, C-HCCAA management reserves the right to amend and change responsibilities to meet business and organizational needs as necessary.
QUALIFICATIONS AND REQUIREMENTS
The incumbent must have:
1. A Bachelors degree in Early Childhood Education or related field from an accredited college or university is preferred.
2. Demonstrated knowledge of diverse cultures.
3. Two (2) years of experience teaching preschool children in an urban environment.
4. Two (2) years of customer service experience.
5. Proficient computer experience in Microsoft Office applications.
6. Experience working with diverse populations including low to moderate-income families.
7. Ability to multi-task and prioritize duties.
8. Ability to work with and teach infants and toddlers.
9. Ability to analyze and interpret data and to handle problem resolution.
10. Willingness to accommodate planned and unplanned travel to and from Head Start Center and other C-HCCAA or meeting/conference locations, including overnight and/or out of town travel.
WORK ENVIRONMENT AND PHYSICAL DEMANDS
The work environment and physical demands described here are representative of those required by an employee to perform the essential functions of this job with or without reasonable accommodations.
Includes both a typical classroom environment, with minimal exposure to excessive noise or adverse environmental issues, and occasional local travel, including exposure to heat, cold, inclement weather conditions, and occasional environmental hazards.
A. Use hands to manipulate, handle, feel, and control items or equipment
B. Walk, bend, kneel, and reach;
C. Lift a 20-60 lb. child, using all safety precautions;
D. Stand, sit, and play with infants and toddlers for long periods of time;
E. Conduct both outdoor and indoor activities, in both warm and cold temperatures;
F. Talk, hear, and communicate with parents;
G. See and be able to read, write, and interpret written documents.
Reports to: Site Manager
Cincinnati-Hamilton County Community Action Agency is an Equal Opportunity Employer. The Functions, Qualifications, Requirements and Physical Demands listed in this job description represent the essential functions of the job, which the incumbent must be able to perform either with or without reasonable accommodation. The listed Job Functions do not necessarily include all activities that the incumbent may perform.
Your employment with the Cincinnati-Hamilton County Community Action Agency is entered into voluntarily or “at-will,” meaning that both you and the employer may end the employment relationship with or without reason, cause or notice unless otherwise prohibited by law. You are free to terminate your employment at any time, with or without cause. Similarly, C-HCCAA has the right to terminate the employee’s employment, or otherwise alter an employee’s position, duties, title or compensation at any time, with or without cause or notice. Therefore, the only employment relationship that exists is one terminable at will by either the employee or C‑HCCAA.
To apply for this job please visit www.cincy-caa.org.